This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Effingham Campus Children's Pastor
Savannah Christian Church
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 10/03/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
Thank you for your interest in serving with Savannah Christian Church. Please submit all applications electronically via our website www.savannahchristian.com
Effingham Campus Children’s Pastor
Reports To: Effingham Campus Pastor
Category of Employment: Pastor, Full-time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Exempt
Office Hours: Average of 50 hours per week, with the exception of heavy ministry seasons.
The mission of Savannah Christian Church is to lead people to a life-changing connection with Jesus Christ.
To further the mission of the Church by assisting in the development of programs, ministry strategies, and service opportunities for a dynamic Effingham Campus Children’s Ministry.
1. Experience: 3 years or more experience as a leader in ministry or related environments specifically related to an area of oversight in children’s ministry.
2. Education: Minimum of a Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university. A degree from an accredited bible college with a major in biblical studies or a related field is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
3. Knowledge, skills, and gifts: The preferred candidate would possess the gifts and skills of teaching, leading, and discipling. Candidate must exhibit excellent computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint. Candidate must exhibit excellent leadership, organizational and interpersonal relational skills. Candidate must be tried and proven in ministry and have a passion to share Jesus. Candidate must demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, being able to work with a wide variety of people. Candidate must be able to problem solve, maintain and protect confidentiality, and have excellent written and verbal skills. Must be a motivated and effective recruiter and manager of volunteers.
4. Physical Demands:
a. Activities with children, including sports and games of a physical nature.
b. Lifting, pulling, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
c. Operation of church vehicles.
1. Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
3. Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
1. Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
2. Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of SCC, including the SCC Statement of Faith.
3. Supports and adheres to the SCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
4. Pastoral Staff must be active, participating members of Savannah Christian Church or be willing to become a member at the beginning of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
1. General staff responsibilities:
• Engage in pastoral responsibilities, as assigned, to include teaching, preaching, performing weddings and funerals, pastoral counseling, assisting in worship services, communion, baptisms, child dedications and hospital visits.
• Lead, teach, preach, cast vision, oversee, and direct all facets of the Effingham Campus Children’s Ministry.
• Assist in establishing ministry goals and objectives, and individual tactics that support the mission and vision of the Church.
• Provide visionary leadership and organizational structure for the Effingham Campus Children’s Ministry.
• Recruit, train, schedule, equip and supervise volunteers for the ministry.
• Train, schedule, equip and evaluate staff of the Effingham Campus Children’s Ministry.
• Propose and administer annual budgets.
• Participation in weekly “Pastor’s Lunch” and monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, as well as called departmental meetings, and other required staff events.
2. Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in the selection and/or writing of the curriculum for Children’s Ministry.
• Recruit, lead, shepherd and oversee the team leaders within the ministry areas of administration, small group coordination, volunteer coordination, large group coordination and technical support.
• Maintain a relationship with both Children’s Ministries at all regional campuses for collaboration and encouragement.
• Participate with the promoting/publicizing of ministry activities and events.
• Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the Children’s Ministries.
• Participate with creating, building, and setting up of staging, props, videos and other elements.
• Participate in the development of all aspects pertaining to special events.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.
Performance and Evaluation
Success in the position will be measured according to the performance assessment tool approved by the Executive Pastor. Performance will be evaluated in relevant areas, including but not limited to: completion of ministry goals and individual tactics, communication, teamwork, leadership, creativity, responsibility, self motivation, attitude, and potential for growth.