This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor for Youth and Mission
First United Methodist
Marion, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 07/06/2011
Categories: Missions Pastor - Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
• A strong leader/teacher/mentor for youth and adults 6th grade- 25 years of age who is very personable and outgoing.
• A person who is an example to youth leaders, youth and their families through personal character and witness, maintaining a lifestyle in accordance with Holy Scripture.
The Pastor of Youth and Mission reports directly to the Lead Pastor on all areas of ministry.
The following staff will report directly to the pastor for Youth and Missiona:
• Director of Education and Discipleship for Children
• Youth Worship Leader
• F.L.Y. Intern(s)
Education and Credentials:
This is not a first job, a degree or Certification in Youth Ministry and 3-5 years experience leading a growing and missional program would be the best prerequisites.
In consultation with and under the direction of the Lead Pastor, the Pastor for Youth and Mission will oversee and participate in the total ministry of the local church, its nurturing ministries and in fulfilling its mission of witness and service in the world as well as provide pastoral support, guidance, and training for the congregation.
Lead and further develop a youth ministry that embraces the missions of worship, growth, and fellowship.
• Develop and implement a Christian Education plan for all people 6th grade – 25 years of age.
• Recruit, train, mentor, and encourage all volunteers within the youth ministry.
• Engage youth through relationships, teaching, mission, and fellowship.
• Provide adequate communication, counsel and interaction to parents and families regarding youth ministry and spiritual development.
• Constantly evaluate the objectives and effectiveness of our youth ministry, implementing and following through with improvements and changes.
• Lead Christian Mission, developing a ministry that raises awareness, enlists volunteers and provides spiritual formation.
• Coordinate, plan, lead, help fundraise, and attend mission trips.
• Supervise the Feed Lunches to Youth (F.L.Y.) program and intern to ensure food quality, recruitment and management of volunteers, mobile site communication, and fundraising.
• Raise awareness for local centers in need of volunteers.
General Administrative Tasks:
• General administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Staff Parish Relations Committee and Lead Pastor.
• Assist the lead pastor in the leadership of worship and the entire church staff.