This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Technical Ministry Engineer
Church of the Redeemer
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 07/01/2011
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
Description of duties: Set up, Operations, and Teardown of Audio, and Lighting equipment for all rehearsals and events; General maintenance of all equipment. i.e. cleaning filters, wiping down, dusting, installation, trouble shooting, minor repairs and keeping logs; Help recruit and train volunteers; Maintain a clean and organized worksite; Maintain attitude and appearance of warm, hospitable, professionalism.
• Must be a follower of Jesus Christ, exhibiting a growing relationship and spiritual maturity.
• Strong team building and leadership skills.
• Good communications skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal.
• Be a team player, yet a gifted leader.
• Dependable, self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong work ethic with ability to balance needs of family and home.
• Strong knowledge base and experience in live performance sound equipment operations (recording background also a plus).
• Ability to learn equipment and system configurations quickly.
• Attitude of responsiveness and flexibility.
• Task-oriented with ability to plan and execute tasks.
• Ability to lift and carry 40+ pounds.
• Professional appearance.
• Reliable and Punctual.
• Ability to learn systems quickly (both local wiring and operations programming experience in lighting a definite plus).
• Experience with FOH mixing on both analog and digital mixers.
• Have experience in various mixing situations including different musical styles and various instrumentation.
• Experience with live audio engineering, monitor mixing (headphones, wedges, in-ear),
• Knowledge of lighting consoles, configuration and programming.
• Knowledge of Video Software (Pro Presenter, Final Cut Pro, Soundtrack Pro) a plus.