This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministries
Sierra Madre Congregational Church
Sierra Madre, California, United States
Date Posted: 06/29/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Sierra Madre Congregational Church seeks full-time, Director of Children's Ministries to be responsible for oversight of nursery through 6th grade specifically coordinating and directing Kindergarten through 6th grade. This person shepherds over 200 children and 60 adult volunteers. The person should have a passion for bringing children to Christ and training them as disciples. A Bachelors degree and/or equivalent experience in a related field are required along with leadership skills, attention to detail, creative teaching techniques, and Bible based ministry goals. The candidate should be able to work independently as well as be a team player.
Sierra Madre Congregational Church is an independent church located near Pasadena, California. Each week 600-700 people worship at SMCC and many participate in a wide variety of church ministries.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
1. Bachelors degree with solid Bible training
2. Minimum of 3 years experience in Children's Ministries
3. Agrees with and lives by the beliefs listed on the SMCC web site (http://www.smccnet.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=54183).
4. Character qualities, teaching and governing skills appropriate to pastoral office (see I Timothy 3 and Acts 6:1-7)
5. Ability to administer children’s program of 200 or more
6. Strong computer skills
7. A passion for children and desire to see them accept Christ and mature as believers.
8. Knowledge of the characteristic growth and development of children
9. Ability to effectively communicate with parents, lay leaders and staff
10. Ability to work independently as well as to build and maintain a positive team spirit within Children’s Ministries and the body as a whole
11. Skill and demonstrated success in recruiting, training, motivating, supervising, conflict management and caring for workers involved in church programs
12. Skill helping others identify, develop, and implement their gifts and callings for building up the Church
13. Member in good standing of an evangelical church and willing to become a member of SMCC
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to smccDofCMsearch2011@gmail.com