This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 06/28/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Believers Fellowship is looking for a full-time, creative, energetic, and inspiring Worship Director to lead Sunday morning worship, expand the scope of worship, and shepherd a team of volunteer worship leaders. A successful candidate will be a gifted worship leader with the ability to lead a team and the potential to be an elder in our congregation.
Believers Fellowship is a vibrant, growing non-denominational Christian church in Gig Harbor Washington. Emphasizing Connecting to God (worship and biblical teaching), Living in Community (spiritual transformation through life in the Body of Christ), and Engaging the World (mission), we exist to Live and Share Grace and Truth. The church was founded in a living room in 1978 and has grown to 550 in weekly attendance and 1200 members. We are blessed with generational diversity—a solid foundation of boomers and a significant number of young families (our nursery is bursting at the seams!). Two Sunday morning worship services each feature 35 minutes of worship and 35 minutes of biblical teaching. Spiritual relationships are built through small groups and ministry teams. We are known in our community for our strong biblical teaching, our top-notch children and youth ministries, and the work we do outside the walls of our church.
Five years ago, the founding members began the process of “handing over” leadership of the church to the next generation, and this hire will continue that direction. We are excited to see what God has in store for us next, and we are eager to add a new Worship Director to the ministry team.
• Meet all of the qualifications of an elder in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:6–9.
• Agrees with Believers Fellowship’s mission, vision, and doctrinal statement.
• Bachelor Degree. Post-high school theological and musical training preferred.
• Minimum three years experience in leading a ministry team.
• Proven ability to inspire worship through music, preferably with a guitar.
• Ability to self-direct and work on a team.
• Superior communication, organization, and leadership skills.
• Lead Sunday morning worship most Sundays per year. Schedule volunteer worship leaders on remaining Sunday mornings, and assist these volunteer worship leaders as needed.
• Lead and develop existing volunteer worship leaders and part-time Worship Assistant.
• Manage all sound, lighting, and slide technicians.
• Recruit and mentor new leaders, vocalists, musicians, and technicians.
• Work with Ministries Director and Creative Team to plan and evaluate Sunday morning worship services.
• Expand the scope of worship media at Believers Fellowship.
• Conduct regular worship rehearsals.
• Assist with weddings, funerals, and other typical pastoral duties.
• All Believers Fellowship staff members are ultimately accountable to the elders.
• The Ministries Director supervises the Worship Director.
• The Worship Director supervises a part-time paid Worship Assistant, volunteer worship leaders (currently 4), and rotating worship volunteers (currently over 60).
• Annual salary of $50,000–$55,000, commensurate with education and experience.
• Family medical insurance.
• Two-weeks paid vacation.
• Reimbursement for conference and professional expenses.
Send resume (with photo), cover letter, and audio/video sample of worship service to Matt Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org. A/V material can be attached to email or uploaded to Picasa, Vimeo, etc.