This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Zionsvile Presbyterian Church
Zionsville, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 06/28/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Under the general direction of the Senior Pastor, the Worship Director is charged with helping the congregation and community understand and experience the love of Christ and develop a strong foundation in faith through holistic worship that may include; music, multimedia, visual and non-visual elements. The Worship Director is responsible for promoting excellence in planning and in creating the appropriate environment that encourages everyone to offer authentic worship to the Almighty and Most Holy God.
The principle goal for the person in this position is to support, encourage and present holistic worship. That means worship that is:
• Based on inviting and encouraging people to enter into God’s presence.
• Based on engaging people in worship of the Almighty as well as expecting to hear and be challenged by the Word of God.
• Based on a conviction that many styles of worship and music will be embraced to enhance the worship experience.
• Lead the congregation’s participation in worship to God that honors Him, challenges us to grow as disciples, and encourages sharing the good news of Jesus Christ.
• Recruit, develop, mentor and schedule volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists and other performers (including spiritual development as well as musical, performance and leadership development).
• Lead worship ministry teams in the weekly crafting, planning, coordination and production of holistic and thematically integrated services.
• Recruit, develop and mentor worship team leaders capable of leading in authentic and uplifting worship.
• Meet weekly / monthly with senior pastor to pray, plan, and coordinate all worship with the goal of presenting worship services that are holistic and integrated in all elements.
• Supervise and mentor the Worship Coordinator including the setting of goals & objectives and priorities.
• Work with other ministry areas to develop and grow a coordinated worship ministry.
• Lead volunteer teams coordinating areas of lighting, sound, video and presentation software, as well as being equipped to support each of these areas as needed.
• Lead and/or participate in rehearsals for worship teams.
• Lead in the formation of a music ministry team that provides good communication and fosters a strong sense of community among all musicians and vocalists.
• Work with Director of Communications to ensure accurate and appropriate communication of worship services on website and in bulletins and in other materials.
• Prepare and administer an annual budget for all worship activities in conjunction with Sr. Pastor, Executive Director and Worship Prep Team.
• Coordinate and communicate all calendar events through the church office.
• Communicate and build within the congregation a vision and passion for holistic worship.
• Schedule special music for worship services and special services as needed.
• Embrace full range of “traditional” and “contemporary” worship music and styles.
• Participate as a full member of staff including attending staff meetings, etc.
• Must be a fully committed follower of Jesus Christ, actively growing closer and deeper in relationship with Him.
• Must maintain a deep and abiding trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, being a model of servant leadership.
• Theologically, must be evangelical with a deep appreciation for the authority of Scripture and unswerving commitment to a Biblically-based lifestyle.
• Should strive for a high personal level of godly character and Christian values.
• Overall beliefs must be consistent with the ZPC Statement of Beliefs.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
This position requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Experience is required in having coordinated worship experiences in a church setting. This individual should demonstrate skills in:
• Enlisting and encouraging others in worship and creative arts ministry.
• Working effectively in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability as a gifted, multi-talented musician and vocalist.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Organization and time management skills.
• Strong gifts in building, leading and facilitating teams.