This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor - Children and Youth Ministries
Bethany Baptist Church
Schofield, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 06/28/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: Pastor - Children & Youth Ministries
Provide leadership as a pastor in an associate role with primary emphasis on an outreach ministry to youth, children and young families. Within the Bethany ministry team organization, this role will have leadership responsibility for the Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry teams. This position reports directly to the senior pastor.
• Provide direct leadership involvement (be actively engaged in ministry programs) in either the children’s or youth ministry teams
• Provide mentoring leadership to adult volunteer leaders for both the children’s and youth ministry teams
• Build enthusiasm and engagement for children’s and youth programs within the church body
• Provide leadership input to general church operations as a member of the board of overseers
• Collaborate effectively with ministry support teams and other ministry teams in supporting a unified and efficient church operation
• Develop programs and practices that:
- Attract local youth, children and young families to Christ through Bethany (emphasis on reaching people in the community that are not attending church or have not found a solid Bible-based church)
- Bring children and youth along a maturing path in their Christian walk
Skills, Strengths and Experience
• Pastor level maturity in Christian faith
• Strong team player orientation
• Experience in a church ministry leadership role which includes the mentoring of adult volunteers
• Strong passion for children and youth
• Extroverted and approachable demeanor
• Demonstrated competency in effective interpersonal communication
• Outreach minded with a natural desire to get engaged in the local community and attract young people and young families to Bethany
• Ability to work with people to develop creative and inspiring plans that help fulfill Bethany’s mission and objectives
• A 4-year college degree is preferred
For a Church and Community Profile and additional information on Bethany, please visit our website at bethanyschofield.org.
Resumes will be received through 7/31/11 and should be submitted to Cory Mattson via email to email@example.com.