This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Technical Creative Arts Producer
Killearn United Methodist Church
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 06/28/2011
Categories: Media/Technology - Music Ministry
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Killearn United Methodist Church (www.kumconline.org) in Tallahassee, Florida has an opening for a new Technical Creative Arts Producer. KUMC is a thriving congregation with a 2800 member congregation in Northeast Tallahassee. Combined weekend attendance in three services is approximately 1200-1400. Its services are contemporary, modern, multisensory, and technologically driven.
Assist Killearn UMC in creatively communicating through professional sound, print media, graphic design, video production, and the internet. Maintains and operates audio, video, lighting, and computer systems. Responsible to ensure that all programs and activities have media support including attending weekly worship services.
1. Maintain up to date graphic design and creative arts for worship services.
2. Coordinate use of all church sound and audio/visual equipment.
3. Provide worship/activity support by using available technology for the creation and implementation of audio, video, graphic arts, lighting, and computer controlled works
Tasks include, but are not limited to: audio engineering and mixing, video playback, video production, graphics design, website design, sound and video recording
4. Maintain all audio/visual equipment (projectors, sound equipment, and related hardware) in a functional and useful condition. Work with vendors, suppliers, and manufacturers to ensure maintenance and upkeep of equipment, or to obtain supplies
5. Oversee KUMC website, KUMC Email newsletters, and make updates as needed.
6. Attend weekly worship planning meetings to suggest, develop, create, and implement multimedia works as an integral part of worship. Tasks include, but are not limited to: metaphorical graphic design, creative lighting design, worship slides, sermon slides, video testimonies and announcements, audio editing, sermon archiving and duplication.
7. Assist music department by serving as a support staff member, attending weekly rehearsals and providing audio, video, and lighting design for musical performances as well as weekly worship services
8. Recruit, train and oversee technical volunteer team.
9. Other duties and responsibilities as required
Immediate supervisor: Worship and Arts Director.
Works closely with Worship and Arts staff, Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, Director of Operations and church staff members and volunteers as relates to specific tasks on a routine basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A relationship with Jesus Christ and a clear sense of calling to Media or Creative Arts Ministry in a church setting. Must be willing to uphold the Social Principles of the United Methodist Church.
- A working knowledge of computers, video projectors, sound equipment, and related technology matters.
- Strong gifting in audio engineering and mixing.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills. Must be a team player.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-directed and motivated. Must be willing to push the limits and be visionary.
- Typing and data entry skills required.
- A working knowledge of all, standard Microsoft Office programs including Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, and FrontPage. A working knowledge of Apple Macintosh OS and common programs and integration into a MS domain environment. Advanced knowledge of multimedia programs including ProPresentor, MediaShout, Apple FinalCut Pro and LiveType, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and After Effects, MOTU Digital Performer.
- Advanced troubleshooting and repair skills related to video projectors, printers, computers, and sound systems.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a Media Production related degree; or a degree in Church Ministry with an emphasis in Media Arts; or experience which is equivalent to these kind of degrees and training.
Please send a resume (digital copies accepted and preferred) including a demonstration of your work (video and/or front of house mix), a brief, personal written philosophy/theology of creative arts as it pertains to church ministry, and your salary preferences via e-mail to Drew Walsh at: firstname.lastname@example.org . Video footage of your engineering/mixing abilities can be relayed to us via Youtube or other means via the web. All qualifying materials will be sent to an interview committee.