This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Christian Church of Clarendon Hills
Clarendon Hills, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 06/27/2011
Categories: Executive Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Christian Church of Clarendon Hills
Church Mission Statement: To help you find new life in Jesus through Christ-centered community.
CCCH Motto: To be a place where no one stands alone.
PURPOSE FOR THIS POSITION:
To coordinate and administer the general oversight and vision of the Christian Church of Clarendon Hills by providing leadership and supervision related specifically to the areas of staff development, church finances, policy development, facility administration, and risk management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND AREAS OF OVERSIGHT
• Establish ministry goals and objectives related to the management and administration of the church, to the strategic development and administration of fiscal resources, and to the personal and professional development of ministerial staff.
• Manage development, approval process and execution of the church budget; assure financial integrity of financial statements, review all purchase orders, maintain banking relationships, monitor cash flow and oversee other financial issues, oversee development of an annual report and present financial and budgetary information at the annual meeting.
• Oversee a stewardship development program.
• Oversee the ministerial and support staff, both generally and pastorally - offering support, guidance, training, encouragement, mentoring, and correction.
• Facilitate an annual evaluation of ministerial and support staff, which would include an assessment of necessary skills and abilities, effectiveness in ministry area, as well as spiritual, professional, and personal development.
• Assist in the hiring process, select and administer employee benefit programs, update compensation plan annually, maintain personnel files, assure compliance with employments laws.
• Create and maintain both a staff policy manual and a church operations manual.
• Serve as the team leader for all major procurement, design, and construction projects related to church campus.
• Work with office administrator reviewing requests for special events and determining service requirements including: logistics, technical requirements, contracts, certificates of insurance and related issues.
• Oversee the structure of staff and non-staff ministry leaders to insure that all ministry teams are pursuing the vision, mission, and strategic plan.
• Teach, preach, and provide training as a regular course of member and leadership development.
• Schedule and attend all staff meetings and retreats.
• Be a primary spokesperson on behalf of the church leadership to staff, church members, and the community at large.
• Reduce or eliminate liability and other risks through insurance, contractual review, financial procedures, criminal background checks, legal review by the church’s attorney, program and activity review, and other risk management strategies.
• Work with Elder chairman and Senior Minister to prepare for and then attend all Elder meetings.
• Spends time in prayer on a daily basis.
• Spends time in daily study of God’s Word.
• Is involved in personal discipleship, either small group or one-on-one.
• Stays current with ministry trends by listening to recordings, reading books and periodicals, and attending approved conferences.
• Is at the church for all regular worship services, and as needed, special services.
• Is personally available to guests and members before and after services as duties allow.
• Maintains flexible working hours as determined by the needs of the ministry.
• Meets regularly with the Senior Minister to assess progress toward visionary goals.
• Performs wedding, funeral, and baby dedication duties as circumstances and demands dictate.
It is expected that the Executive Minister will:
1. Function within the expressed mission statement and motto of the Christian Church of Clarendon Hills.
2. Function as a member of the pastoral staff as directed by the Senior Minister.
All staff members at the Christian Church of Clarendon Hills are accountable to God and must answer to God for their personal conduct and ministerial performance. The Executive Minister is also accountable to the Senior Minister regarding regular duties and responsibilities, and to the Elders on an overall basis. The Senior Minister will conduct the Executive Minister’s periodic job satisfaction evaluation.