This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Production Associate (Video Production)
Savannah Christian Church
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 06/24/2011
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
Thank you for your interest in serving with Savannah Christian Church. Please submit all applications electronically via our website www.savannahchristian.com. Also, please submit a DVD reel of your most recent work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Production Associate (Video Production)
Production Arts Ministry
Worship Arts Department
Reports To: Production Ministries Team Leader
Category of Employment: Support Staff, Temporary Full-time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Exempt
Office Hours: Minimum of 40 hours per week
The mission of Savannah Christian Church is to lead people to a life-changing connection with Jesus Christ.
To further the mission of the Church by effectively planning and producing video elements, including graphics and image magnification, for worship services, outreach events, and other ministry activities.
1. Experience: The preferred candidate will have professional experience in live events with high-level multi-media creation, broad professional knowledge in live video production, editing video, graphics and pre/post video production.
2. Education: A Bachelor’s degree in video production or a related field is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
3. Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Candidate must exhibit excellent computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Final Cut Studio and Adobe Creative Suite. Candidate must have the ability to work independently with efficiency, effectiveness and composure; must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; and must be able to multitask and prioritize work assignments. Candidate must exhibit excellent organizational and interpersonal relational skills. The ability to recruit, train and develop volunteers is an essential part of this position. Must possess a friendly attitude, a willingness to work collaboratively with others, and have a strong heart for service.
4. Physical Demands:
a. May be called upon for lifting, pulling, climbing, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
b. Operation of church vehicles.
5. Application Materials: Resume, list of references, a non-returnable DVD sample reel are required. Email links of online work samples will be accepted in addition to a sample reel.
1. Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
3. Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
1. Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
2. Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of SCC, including the SCC Statement of Faith.
3. Supports and adheres to the SCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
4. Must be an active, participating member of Savannah Christian Church or another Bible-believing church.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
1. General staff responsibilities:
• Participation in monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, as well as called departmental meetings, and other required staff events.
2. Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
• Identify, recruit, train, schedule, and oversee camera operators, video technicians, video editors, and other volunteers for special projects in the ministry.
• Responsible for editing of recorded service elements and for insuring timely delivery to regional / satellite campuses.
• Research and obtain media elements for ministry use.
• Insure the proper care and maintenance of all video and related equipment.
• Cooperate with and assist pastors and ministry leaders in the creation, development, and production of video pieces related to the various ministries of SCC.
• Develop, organize, inventory, and maintain the SCC media library.
• Prepare video masters for Source and web distribution.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.
Performance and Evaluation
Success in the position will be measured according to the performance assessment tool approved by the Executive Pastor. Performance will be evaluated in relevant areas, including but not limited to: completion of ministry goals and individual tactics, communication, teamwork, leadership, creativity, responsibility, self motivation, attitude, and potential for growth.