This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Life Pastor
Inland Hills Church
Chino, California, United States
Date Posted: 06/24/2011
Categories: Family Pastor
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Inland Hills Church is a 2,500 member non-denominational church in southern California in search of a Family Life Pastor.
• Must have managed and supervised multiple paid-staff positions in at least one other church
• Must have at least 7 years of full-time ministry related pastoral experience
• Must have managed ministry budgets with knowledge in allocating financial resources
• Must have directed in Children’s and Student ministries with a successful track record
• Must be a team player with a high energy level and readiness to take on a significant challenge
• Must have the ability to plan, budget, delegate, and meet deadlines on time
• Must be able to lead teams and recruit volunteers
The Family Life Pastor is responsible for providing leadership, direction, training and vision-casting in all aspects of the Children’s Ministry and Student’s Ministry (0 to 18 years) while working with and leading multiple staff. The Family Life Pastor creates an attractive environment for progressive, innovative and relevant next generation ministries focusing on volunteer intensive ministry development plan.JOB DESCRIPTION: Family Life Pastor
Your primary responsibility is to oversee the students and children’s ministries of Inland Hills Church as you help fulfill our vision “to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.” Your objective is to lead the Student and Children staff in identifying and developing leaders and teams, using the meta-model to accomplish ministry goals while growing in your own personal leadership.
As a leader of leaders, you need to exemplify the 6Gs of an authentic follower of Christ (grace, growth, groups, gifts, giving, and going) and model a Christ-like character of servant leadership. As a division leader (a “D”), you need to meet the same expectations of the staff and leaders you oversee. Above all, you need to exhibit your love for God with a positive attitude and a servant’s heart.
Your mission is to glorify God by leading and overseeing all aspects of family ministries, focusing your efforts on the following:
supporting the community and mission of the church identifying and developing potential leaders developing and overseeing Next Gen staff ensuring good stewardship of all Next Gen resources
accurate, on-time performance proactive productivity thoughtful initiative clear, effective, and judicious communication project and issue ownership professional and friendly interactions continual growth and improvement
You are accountable to Executive Pastor
You will supervise all Student & Children staff and work closely with other IHC staff.
Ministry Staff, full time, permanent, exempt
Support the Community and Mission of the Church
• Be a participating member of Inland Hills Church.
• Model what it means to be an authentic follower of Christ.
• Uphold the church and its leaders in prayer.
• Affirm and encourage all leaders and volunteers.
• Support the vision, objectives, and strategies of the Sr Pastor and Board
Identify and Develop Staff and Leaders
• Be a leader and overseer for Family Ministries (Children & Students)
• Cast vision for Family Ministries staff, ministry leaders and volunteers.
• Identify rising leaders and challenge them to advance.
• Coach, shepherd, and train all Family Ministries staff, holding regular one-on-ones, team meetings, and huddles.
• Use the meta-model for growth and discipleship.
Give Leadership to Strategic Planning, Activities and Events
• Create & support a growth environment and leadership culture for Family Life
• Lead weekly staff meetings for accountability, planning, problem solving & growth.
• Refresh systems so ministries are structured for growth.
• Identify programming objectives and develop supporting activities.
• Consistently communicate with families for support and information.
• Align activities with the vision and values of IHC, ensuring cultural relevancy.
• Initiate all planning and directives for Family Life, utilizing leaders and teams for plan execution.
• Teach when needed at services, retreats, and programs.
• Provide pastoral support & encouragement to parents
• Develop programs & events that create community among families and provide tools for effective parenting
Ensure Good Stewardship of Family Life Ministry Resources
• Approve department budgets and operate within them.
• Safeguard facilities, equipment, and other resources.
• Encourage balanced living and “margin” in self and others.
The Family Life Pastor also assists with other duties as required by the senior pastor.