This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Alpharetta First United Methodist Church
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 06/23/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Children’s Ministries
Alpharetta First United Methodist Church (www.afumc.org) is seeking a dynamic, Christ-centered individual to lead the Children’s Ministries of the church.
Alpharetta Methodist is a vibrant and growing family of faith (4,500+) located in the fast growing, northern suburb of Atlanta. The Children’s Ministry staff is comprised of the Director of Children’s Ministries, a part-time Nursery and Preschool Director (who reports directly to the Director of Children’s Ministries), a weekday Preschool Director, a weekday Mother’s Morning Out Director, and dedicated adult volunteers.
The Director of Children’s Ministries will oversee the entire children ministry (birth-fifth grade), with specific responsibility for the kindergarten-fifth grade program. The Director will work closely with the Nursery/Preschool Director, Children’s Council, adult volunteers, and core leaders to plan, coordinate, and implement all activities for children.
Qualified candidates should possess:
• A solid commitment to Jesus Christ
• A heart for children and a passion for children’s ministry
• An understanding of children’s needs
• Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• An energetic, flexible and team-player spirit
• A clear understanding and belief in the United Methodist doctrine
• Skills in prioritizing and managing time
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain information as highly confidential
• Willingness to live in the Alpharetta community
• Availability to work nonstandard hours
• Bachelor’s degree
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Alpharetta Methodist provides an excellent benefits package including medical benefits and retirement plan.
The selected individual will be expected to begin employment by 08/01/2011 or sooner (if available).
Resumes will be received through 07/15/11 and should be submitted to Mary Ann Gilbert, Director of Program Ministries, via e-mail to email@example.com, or mailed to AFUMC, Attn. Mary Ann Gilbert, 69 North Main Street, Alpharetta, GA 30009 or faxed to (770) 663-7740.
NO RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE