This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Christian Church
Decatur, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 06/23/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
First Christian Church, Decatur, IL
This position’s primary focus is the spiritual development and growth of students grades 6-12. First Christian Church views this position in a holistic manner, and thus this responsibility includes helping the family unit as it relates to the spiritual development of their teenagers.
The person filling the position at First Christian Church will be a vital part of the pastoral and leadership team, using innovative and intentional ministry to fulfill its varied responsibilities. A professional approach and spiritual attitude are expected at all times.
This individual will have accepted Christ as the leader and forgiver of his or her life. This position requires a well trained professional committed to Jesus Christ and the ministry of young people and their families. Also required are the necessary leadership, administrative, interpersonal, relational and communication skills in working with teenagers and adults in the congregation.
As a member of the staff and congregation, it is expected this person will continue their personal, professional and spiritual development through appropriate means.
• Implement a Student Ministry program that reflects the overall philosophy and purpose of First Christian Church (To develop fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ through relationships, growth, and service).
• Develop and implement regular student programming for Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings as well as additional special events and service projects (fellowship activities, mission trips, lock-ins, etc.)
• Recruit and train volunteer leadership team from the congregation to fill ministry roles necessary to the function of this area.
• Build relationships with teenagers and their parents via home visits, seminars, and pastoral visits in situations involving illness, crisis intervention, or death in which teenagers may need help or support.
• Disciple teenagers to be disciple-makers aiming toward holistic approaches to evangelism.
• Assist in the development of the Christian Education budget, and operate within that budget to the extent directed.
• Work with and communicate effectively with the rest of the family ministry staff team with regards to planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating programming.
• Communicate regularly with families regarding program and event scheduling and details. Communication means should include, but are not limited to Sunday bulletins, the biweekly newsletter, the church’s website and social networking.
• Keep the congregation informed and involved in activities, remembering the congregation’s commitment to the spiritual growth of teenagers.
• Work as a professional with the other ministry staff to provide for the pastoral needs of the congregation.
• Perform other related duties as required or requested.
This is a full-time position under the oversight of the Elders and Administrative Committee of First Christian Church, with the Senior Pastor recognized as the governing body’s representative.
Adherence to scripture as a guide for Christian lifestyles, behavior, and respect for authority is expected.