This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Spirit Alive Wesleyan Church
Yakima, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 06/22/2011
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Full-Time
Spirit Alive Wesleyan Church in Yakima, WA is seeking a new lead pastor. This church is located in a thriving community on the east side of a town of 100,000 people. This multi-generational church of 80 people is serious about reaching students and has a history of a flourishing youth program with as many as 60-70 students. The Church has a strong leadership base of professional people and is passionate about loving people where they are in life. It is a giving and supportive congregation that wants to grow and reach people for the cause of Christ. There is huge potential for growth and reaching people in this community.
The church is seeking a lead pastor:
• Anointed with a vision and passion for all age groups.
• Desiring to evangelize outward and make disciples inward.
• With passion and desire to take the church to the next level.
• Demonstrating strong leadership skills with a servant's heart.
• Willing to make changes when/where necessary to accomplish God's plan.
• Strong in preaching/teaching gifts to equip God's people.
• Understanding the message never changes but the methods do.
• With a "come as you are" focus.
• Solid in administration skills.
The Yakima Valley: Yakima is located in South Central Washington, east of the Cascade Mountain range. Because of this, they enjoy nearly 300 days of sunshine, four distinct and beautiful seasons, all in an arid climate. The City of Yakima has a population of 84,000 within the city limits and a population of 156,000 within 15 miles of town.
If interested please send or e-mail your resume to Karl Westfall, District Superintendent, at the Northwest District Office.
5707 NE 78th St.
Vancouver, WA 98665