Morningside Academy, a private, Christian school in Port St. Lucie, Florida is seeking a new Middle/High School principal. Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, philosophy of Christian education, references (2 personal and 2 professional, one of which must be a supervisor) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB TITLE: Middle/High School Principal
REPORTS TO: Academy Administrator, Executive Director, Board of Elders
SCHOOL MISSION: Morningside Academy serves to nurture the spirit, educate the mind, and train the body to shape Christian citizen-servants for the next generation of leadership.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Principal of Morningside Academy Upper School will oversee all academic programs and teaching faculty from 6th to 12th grades. He or she will be a fully committed follower of Christ and proponent of Christian education. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, training and evaluating faculty, implementing curriculum, communicating with parents, organizing schedules, creating a strategic plan, supervising student conduct, utilizing technology, and fostering an environment of Christian discipleship in an academic setting.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: The principal of Morningside Academy Upper School will:
• Articulate and champion a vision for Christian education
• Understand best teaching practices and instruct faculty on teaching methodologies
• Implement an effective teacher evaluation process
• Be an excellent communicator and highly organized leader
• Supervise instruction, assist teachers and staff, coordinate in-service training, orientation, faculty meetings, etc.
• Lead faculty development for all 6th -12th grade teachers
• Demonstrate a knowledge of Christian and secular curriculums
• Supervise office staff
• Compose a strategic plan for academic excellence
• Communicate with and assist Christian parents in “training up a child in the way he should go.”
• Achieve measurable academic student progress goals in conjunction with administrative team
• Help organize student class schedules
• Create a positive, safe atmosphere for student learning
• Be involved in hiring new faculty
• Develop and coordinate scheduling of all middle and high school programs, activities, events, facilities and teachers/staff
• Assume leadership in the discipline of students
• Maintain professional relationships with faculty, staff, and all constituencies following Matthew 18 principles in problem resolution
• Perform other duties as necessary
The principal of Morningside Academy will:
• Be an action-oriented and self-starting, highly organized leader
• Be an excellent communicator
• Be a humble, Christian role model
• Manifest the fruits of the Spirit (Gal. 6:22-23) and display an eagerness to serve others (Luke 6:40).
• Display the spiritual gifts of administration and teaching (Rom. 12:7-8)
EDUCATION/TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s in educational leadership from an accredited university or college required; doctorate preferred. Should have at least three years of administrative experience. He or she will be a fully committed follower of Christ and proponent of Christian education.
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance and Pension Plan.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of College and Young AdultsTrinity United Presbyterian Church
- Santa Ana, California
- January 18
Director of Children's MinistryTrinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
High School PastorMcKinney Memorial Bible Church
- Fort Worth, Texas
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorKempsville Presbyterian Church
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- January 11
Morningside Church & Academy
Morningside Academy currently enrolls over three hundred students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. We seek to honor God in all that we do, and provide a loving prayer filled atmosphere where students are encouraged and supported to discover and use their spiritual gifts.
It is our desire to provide a Christian education where Biblical principles are taught through the life and attitude of the teacher, a Bible centered curriculum and consistent integration of thought, word and deed. Morningside Academy a More...