This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministries Pastor
Calvary Bible Church
Bourbonnais, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 06/20/2011
Categories: Young Adult Pastor - Youth Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
CALVARY BIBLE CHURCH STUDENT MINISTRY PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
2587 East Armour Road, Bourbonnais, IL 60914
email@example.com www.calvarybibleefree.com 815-932-8733
Calvary Bible Church is in Bourbonnais, IL, a growing city about an hour south of Chicago. We are affiliated with the Evangelical Free Churches of America. We are evangelical in theology, evangelistic in outlook, relational in approach, progressive in methodology, and varied in worship style. We are a balanced blend of people, from various backgrounds, in a wide range of trades and professions, at every age and stage of life. We are committed to serving students and families with vibrant student ministries. In 2010, we averaged over 500 in attendance on Sundays. Our staff includes five full time ministry positions plus support personnel. Our facilities, built in 2002, are 24,000 sf. We are on 15 acres of land. Our long range plan involves multiple building phases with a family life center, more educational space, and a new sanctuary.
The mission of the Student Ministry is Changing Students’ Lives in Christ Forever by providing:
- Reinforcement – in partnership with parents of what youth from Christian families are learning at home
- Rescue - of youth who are not receiving Christian training at home
- Relationships - with other youth and with the Student Ministry Pastor in the context of a caring church family
The strategy is to provide Bible-based programs in a safe environment that encourage:
- Faith – enjoying life in Christ through conversion, worship, growth, fellowship, service, and outreach
- Friendships – enjoying other youth who are also growing in their faith
- Fun – enjoying the Christian life at a youth-friendly level of learning and experience
The current program plan for Student Ministry (as of Spring 2011):
Student Ministries are currently organized in three divisions: Junior High (6th-8th grades), Senior High (9th-12th grades), and College-Age young adults.
Current programs include: Sunday morning classes; evening group meetings (during the school year); seasonal events (such as a winter retreat, summer conference, mission trip); various fellowship events.
The vital traits of the Student Ministry Pastor include:
- a clear profession of faith in Christ and consistent Christian character
- a servant’s heart and a love for youth
- agreement with the doctrine and mission and leadership of CBC
- skills in communication, recruitment, organization and administration
- skills in Bible study, teaching, counseling for youth
- a passion for the Gospel and a heart for the lost
The specific areas of responsibility inherent in the role of the Student Ministries Pastor include:
- Staffing (recruit, screen, equip, and encourage volunteers for the student ministry programs)
- Curriculum (preview, order, and distribute youth program curriculum from reputable companies)
- Teaching (prepare and present lessons for Jr Hi, Sr Hi and CC small group)
- Discipleship and Counseling (as needed with small groups and individuals)
- Activities (encourage and facilitate social & special events)
- General Needs (maintain basic equipment, supplies, and records for youth programs)
- Coordination (with supervisor and other staff and ministries for maximum ministry impact)
- General Involvement (as a member in the life of the church)
Average hours: 40 hours per week (plus the core program times of Sunday morning and Wednesday evening)
The role is currently full time, but we would consider part-time applications for each division.
Salary and benefits will be negotiated based on experience and education.