This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Contemporary Worship Leader
St. Mark's United Methodist Church
Carmel, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 09/07/2011
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Part-Time
St. Mark’s United Methodist Church of Carmel, Indiana, a northern suburb of Indianapolis, seeks a Director of Contemporary Worship charged with the responsibility of planning, executing, and supervising a team for weekly worship. St. Mark’s is a vibrant fellowship where “Mission is a way of life” with 1,250 members and an average worship attendance of 550. St. Mark’s is a thriving community of believers who passionately strive to heed God’s call to further the Kingdom of Christ.
- A vocalist to lead worship from guitar, keyboard or both; preferably guitar, also able to articulate the Gospel with enthusiasm.
- Experience in planning creative and innovative worship.
- The ability to recruit and train a band.
- Skill in arranging instrumental and vocal music.
- Knowledge of, and experiencing in using music and media software (Media Shout, Pro-Tools, Finale, etc.).
- A passionate, growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A teachable spirit
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- A life-long learner
- Growing leadership abilities
The Director of Contemporary Worship will report directly to the Senior Pastor for accountability and evaluation.
Application Process: All applicants must submit the following items to Jobs@stmarkscarmel.org through email:
1.) A digital resume with at least 3 references,
2.) An MP3 or MP4 file with an example of the singing and playing abilities of the applicant,
3.) A digital file of the applicant leading worship or performing.