This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Worship
Steamboat Rock Baptist Church
Steamboat Rock, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 06/16/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Description for Director of Worship Steamboat Rock Baptist Church
The Director of Worship will invite, guide and encourage the people of this church to offer themselves in authentic worship of God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit.
• Provide leadership to all aspects and all ages of the worship ministry of the church
• Creatively envision, plan, and lead multiple worship services each week coordinating with the Senior Pastor’s
theme and direction and inspiring people to worship God in a variety of styles
• Serve on the ministry leadership team as leader of the worship ministry team
• Recruit, train, encourage, and coordinate volunteers to serve as a team in all areas of worship: including choir(s),
worship teams, vocal and instrumental musicians, dramas, A/V technicians, ushers etc.
• Foster the integration of the youth and children into the worship life of the congregation
• Work with the Youth Pastor to develop Middle School and High School praise teams-- plan and lead youth worship
every other Wednesday and Sunday evening
• Recruit and develop volunteers to lead children in meaningful worship times
• Oversee the technological aspects of worship, multi-media, computers, audio, lighting etc.
• Develop and control the worship ministry budget and oversee the purchase and maintenance of supplies,
licenses, music, and equipment
• Develop caring relationships with ministry volunteers through phone calls, visits, hospitality
• Communicate clearly and consistently with ministry volunteers, church leadership, and the congregation regarding
the ministry visions, objectives, activities, schedules and outcomes
Other duties according to interest, giftedness, needs of the congregation, and discretion of the Senior Pastor.
Accountability: Directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
• Character and lifestyle consistent with 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
• Bachelor’s degree desirable
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong musical ability to effectively lead in worship vocally and instrumentally
• Interest and experience in both contemporary and traditional worship styles
• Familiarity with computers, software, and audio-visual technology for worship
• In accord with the North American Baptist Conference (NAB) Statement of Beliefs, our church covenant, and our
Direct inquiries to:
Shayna Dodd @ firstname.lastname@example.org