This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Next Generation Ministries Director
Asbury United Methodist
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Date Posted: 06/14/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor - Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Asbury United Methodist Church is a growing, exciting mid-sized church in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our mission is “to love God and one another in Jesus Christ as we raise up a new generation of Christians.” To fulfill this mission, we are seeking a dynamic, energized Christian in a full-time capacity to lead our ministries to youth, children, and young adults.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Leading our youth ministry on a weekly basis, serving as a leader, mentor, role model, and growing the faith of youth inside our church and those in our community
• Coordinating the teaching of mid- and senior- high Sunday School and small groups and Bible studies involving youth
• Coordinating the teaching of Sunday School for children ages 2-11 and our “Children’s Church” associated with our two contemporary worship services
• Coordinating young adult ministries, including small groups.
We seek a dynamic leader with the following qualifications:
• Dedicated Christian
• Passion for youth and children’s ministries
• Desire and ability to bring others to Christ and to nurture the growth of faith
• Demonstrated ability to recruit and organize volunteers in ministry
• Relevant experience in youth, children’s, or young adult ministry
• Good team player
• Undergraduate college degree.
Interested, qualified candidates are requested to provide a resume and references by July 8, 2011, to Asbury United Methodist Church, 10000 Candelaria NE, Albuquerque, NM, 87112, attn: Rev. Layloni Drake. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: (505) 299-0643.