This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship and Creative Ministries Pastor
Blythe Island Baptist Church
Brunswick, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 06/13/2011
Categories: College Pastor - Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Worship & Creative Ministries Pastor
Blythe Island is looking for a person with a passion and gift for leading people into worship; building and training teams; creating and producing culturally relevant service environments that allow people to experience and worship God. Average attendance of our 2 Sunday morning services is 300-350. We are located in Brunswick, Georgia just north of Jacksonville, Florida and south of Savannah, Georgia on the Atlantic Ocean. Please forward resumes to email@example.com. Along with any mp3 or videos of your worship leading.
(We will be contacting only those candidates that qualify for interviews.)
Worship & Creative Ministries Pastor
Job Summary: Responsible to implement our Worship Vision; lead and oversee all the creative ministries of BIBC. Responsible for producing, deploying, and coordinating multiple creative teams to successfully achieve BIBC’S goals in the creative representation of the church. This person will create a collaborative environment among the various creative teams that allows continuous improvement in both the development of ideas and the quality of the BIBC worship experience and creative representation of the church. This person will serve as the church’s Worship & Creative Ministries Pastor.
Essential Job Functions:
Worship & Creative Ministries Pastor will work under the direction of the Senior Pastor in the following areas:
1) Worship Services
• Design services that are thematic and all components are integrated around the one theme.
• Have regular meeting to design services that entail input from the Senior Pastor and the organization of other brainstorming teams.
• Be the Primary Worship leader for services.
• Develop potential worship leaders. Equip and train them to allow them to maintain the same level of excellence as our paid worship Leader.
2) Creative Ministries
• Develop, support and coordinate BIBC’s creative teams: Praise, Worship Bands, Special Music, Media Ministry, Choir, Drama, set and prop design, etc.
• Develop, support, and coordinate teams for each area of the creative ministry.
• Recruit volunteers and insure that all team members are contributing to the values and goals of the team.
• Develop and conduct (or acquire) needed training to equip and continuously improve the giftedness of those involved in each of the creative teams. Striving for excellence at all levels.
3) Prayer Ministries
• Oversee and develop the church wide prayer strategy.
• Develop and oversee the prayer teams.
• Prepare for regular Seasonal productions including Christmas and Easter
• Develop and Coordinate special events as needed
• Oversee and develop all promotional media including website, print materials and recording of services.
6) College/GenX Ministry
• Design and equip a relevant college ministry to our new 4 year college and that age group.
• Have regular meetings with GenX and College Students
• Be the Primary Pastor for College/GenX members.
• Develop potential worship leaders, speakers and leaders for ministry. Equip and train them to allow them to maintain the same level of excellence as our paid staff.
• Participate in Staff prayer times and meetings
• Support team values with positive interactions and a willingness to facilitate others.
• Promote core values and vision at all times and teach these values to all creative ministry teams.
• Offer counsel when called upon.
• Take rotation for emergency contact for staff
• Further responsibilities as needed by the Senior Pastor.
• Highest sense of Christian Integrity
• Open Communicator - Takes responsibility and admits mistakes
• People-oriented - Prioritizes people over programs
• Team Player
Primary Strengths/Gifts/Talents Required
• Gifted to Lead Worship
• Ability to play an instrument a plus but not required
• Ability to read and arrange music
• Ability to effectively communicate to multiple types of people
• Commitment to recruiting and developing volunteers for long term ministry
• Experience leading a music ministry or experience in a music ministry
• Successful track record of developing and growing a relevant worship ministry
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with / experience with Purpose-Driven, Fellowship Church and North Point models of ministry
• Proven track record of recruiting and training volunteers in worship ministry
• Ordained or willing to be ordained
• In agreement with or willing to abide by the Baptist Faith and Message