This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Worship
First United Methodist Church
Geneseo, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 07/25/2011
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Worship. A large, growing, evangelical United Methodist Church in Geneseo, IL seeks an exceptional Christian leader to provide full-time direction to its worship ministries, including musical leadership for their contemporary service. The qualified candidate will demonstrate competence in leading multiple teams, developing leaders, creatively planning with the pastor, and A/V technologies. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience, starting at $35,000. Request application and detailed information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call First UMC at 309-944-2793.
Director of Worship (Full-Time)
1. Oversee and enhance the corporate worship life at First United Methodist Church.
2. Provide direct leadership of the Sunday Morning Praise Band for the contemporary service.
3. Provide oversight, accountability, and training to the Audio Visual Ministry.
4. Provide oversight, accountability, and training to the Host Team and Guest Services Ministries.
5. Coordinate with the Ministry Associate and Children’s Ministry Director to build musical leadership necessary for the maximization of their ministries.
6. Produce and/or build a ministry to produce videos and other multimedia experiences for worship.
7. Oversee the work of the drama ministry.
8. Lead rehearsals for the praise band(s).
9. Provide for a rotation of worship leadership that allows musicians to enjoy seasons of rest and rejuvenation.
10. Manage the worship calendar at First UMC.
11. Provide oversight and training for the Communion Stewards
12. Coordinate with the custodial staff to insure proper set-up for communion and baptisms.
13. Initiate and conduct worship planning meetings with the pastor and other worship leaders.
14. Recruit and develop new worship leaders and musicians.
15. Maintain musical instruments and arrange for tuning and upkeep.
16. Function as a productive part of the church staff team and attend staff meetings.
17. Work with the Directing Pastor to create effective visual images for worship.
18. Provide special music as requested for seasonal and occasional events.
19. Assist the Directing Pastor in scheduling concerts and other occasional musical events.
20. Maintain the contemporary music library and music/video licenses of First UMC.
21. Other duties as assigned by the Directing Pastor.
Worship Director Profile:
1. A mature faith, biblically and theologically grounded, and passionate heart for God.
2. A proven track record of effective worship leadership.
3. An ability, through word and song, to engage with people and welcome them into God’s presence.
4. Effective communicator who is able to teach.
5. A vocally and instrumentally gifted musician who is able to mentor others.
6. Able to work with people to build teams, lead high-impact events, and foster volunteer morale.
7. Aligned with the mission and values of First United Methodist Church.
8. Able to work effectively as part of a church staff and under supervision.
9. Ability to work closely with the Directing Pastor in planning.
10. Appreciation for various worship styles and ability to provide excellent direct leadership for contemporary worship.
11. Gifts in worship media such as video, audio, and visuals. The ability to produce videos and dramas for use in worship is a big plus.
12. Preferably educated with a bachelor’s degree or higher, but this is negotiable and weighed along with experience.
Director of Worship Position
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Director of Worship position at First United Methodist Church of Geneseo.
For your application to be considered, we ask the following materials from you:
1. Your complete resume including all recent employment.
2. A brief statement of faith and summary of your Christian testimony.
3. A DVD or online video link of you leading a group in worship. This video should be at least ten minutes in length.
4. Three ministry references.
We will be contacting only those applicants with whom we wish to follow up with personally.
The application materials can be submitted via e-mail at email@example.com or mailed to the following address:
First United Methodist Church
Attn: Worship Search
302 North State Street
Geneseo, IL 61254
Profile of First United Methodist Church:
Address: 302 North State Street
Geneseo, IL 61254
Directing Pastor: Rev. Dr. Christopher M. Ritter
Worship Schedule: Traditional Service, 8:00 am Sunday
Traditional Service, 9:00 am Sunday
Contemporary Service, 10:30 am Sunday
Avg. Attendance: 400
Mission: To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Battle Cry: People Need Jesus!
Strategic Goals: Create a clear and effective path for making disciples of Jesus Christ.
Multiply our impact by doing effective ministry in multiple locations.
Start new churches around the world.
Values: Prayer, Evangelism, Discipleship, Orthodox Faith Proclaimed in Innovative
Ways, Multi-generational and Community Ministry.
Paid Staff: Ministry Associate, Rev. Gerald Aloran (full-time)
Director of Congregational Care, Christine Sullivan, (2/3 time)
Asst. Director of Congregation Care, Yvette Biddle, (1/2 time)
Director of Children’s Ministries, Becky Ritter, (3/4 time)
Music Director, Lindrew Johnson, (1/2 time)
Music Assistant, Marsha Kuriger, (1/6 time)
Treasurer, Pam Gramling, (1/2 time)
Secretary, Jan Dallas, (3/4 time)
Youth Ministry Administrative Coord., Terry Haars, (1/2 time)
Head Custodian, Sharon Bruce, (full-time)
Night and Weekend Custodian, Jeff DeMay, (1/4 time)
Financial Secretary, Cheryl Rankin, (1/4 time)
Child Care Coord., Tonya Cutkomp, (1/2 time)
Assistant Child Care Coord., Tara Lyford, (1/6 time)
Judicatory: Illinois Great Rivers Conference of the United Methodist Church
Spoon River District of the United Methodist Church