This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of College/Singles
Rose Heights Church
Tyler, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 06/13/2011
Categories: College Pastor - Single Adult Pastor
Denominations: Church of God -- Cleveland
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Rose Heights Church is currently accepting resumes for the position of Pastor of College/Singles Ministries. This is a full time position with a competitive salary and benefits. We are seeking an individual that is creative, self motivated, hard working, and values a team leadership style. There is currently a strong core group in place of singles and college students that are eager to work alongside of the selected individual to develop these ministries. Rose Heights Church is contemporary, growing, spirit filled church located 1 mile from The University of Texas at Tyler and 2 miles from Tyler Junior College. Because of the location of Rose Heights, our state of the art facilities, and strong support from the Pastor/Leadership Team, there is great potential for growth. If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pastor of College/Singles
Job Classification: Full-time, salaried
Reports to: Executive Pastor & Senior Pastor
To serve as the pastor of College/Singles by overseeing the total operation of the church's College/Singles demographic from ages 18-39.
The person assuming this responsibility must be spiritually and emotionally mature, friendly, and have a good attitude in the workplace, at church services, and activities. It is also imperative that the individual has good people skills, the ability to solve problems, the skills neccessary to communicate effectivley, and general computer skills. This person must be able to work effectively as a team member, working closely with a large group of volunteers as well as the leadership team of the church. As a part of a Christian community, it is imperative that pastors and their wives are viewed as an example of Christian values and virtues and must not violate these through their behavior, attitudes, attire, actions, or speech.
To guide college students and single adults into a thriving relationship with Jesus through Discipleship, Outreach, Fellowship, Evangelism and Worship
1. Provide separate Sunday morning Bible Studies from 9:30am-10:30am.
2. Recruit and train teachers for Sunday morning Bible Studies.
3. Organize and administrate a separate annual discipleship retreat that is balanced with fellowship and worship.
4. Develop a small group program that meets weekly on Wednesday nights for college students and on Sunday nights for singles.
5. Provide a summer internship for college students that feel called to full time ministry.
1. Follow up with visitors and keep in good contact with them until they become an active part of the college ministry or singles ministry.
2. Reach out to hurting college students and singles during times of hospital stays, funerals and other such opportunities through visits, emails, and/or phone calls.
3. Promote and encourage college students and singles to be involved in church wide outreach opportunities as made available.
4. Organize and promote a separate missions trip every year with the assistance and approval of the Missions Board and Executive Pastor
5. Create and annual Back to School Event for college students that focuses on outreach.
6. Provide a seamless transition for the 12th graders that are moving into college as well as a seamless transition for college students moving into the singles ministry.
1. Provide separate monthly activities for college students and singles that encourage fellowship and relationships.
2. Utilize the CLC for fellowship opportunities.
3. Attend local athletic events and musical events that take place on campus.
1. Create a campus evangelism project once per semester.
2. Train and equip singles to evangelize.
1. Encourage all college/singles to participate in our Sunday Morning worship experience.
2. Design a separate yearly retreat for college/singles.
3. Organize and facilitate quarterly worship nights.
1. Assist the pastor in providing care (hospital, funerals, weddings, etc)
2. Operate within the yearly budget designated by the church.
3. Be available in the office on your day on call. (8:30am-5:00pm)
4. Must be reachable at all times on your week on call as well as lock up the church after services that week.
5. Recruit, train and organize a team of College/Singles Leaders.
6. Other duties deemed necessary by Senior Pastor or Executive Pastor