This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Ft. Worth, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 06/11/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
TurningPoint Church is a growing interdenominational, Bible-based, Spirit-filled church that has 1,500 worshippers each week. Dr. Jeff Wickwire is the senior pastor of TurningPoint and is widely recognized as a creative and inspirational Bible expositor. Pastor Jeff and his wife, Cathy, have been in ministry for over 30 years and have true pastor’s hearts with a desire to reach the lost and to challenge believers to live by God’s Word on a daily basis. Pastor Jeff also hosts LifeTalk, a daily, nation-wide radio ministry. To find out more about TurningPoint Church and LifeTalk, go to our website at www.tpcfamily.org.
We’re prayerfully seeking a full-time, Spirit-filled worship pastor who is seasoned in leading teams in contemporary worship, such as Hillsong, Kari Jobe, and Chris Tomlin. The candidate should have a heart to pastor our worship teams and whose personal worship will enable him to take our church family into deeper levels of worship. He will need to have an evident love for Jesus, a strong and healthy marriage, with a wife who has a desire to be involved in the church.
It is especially important to have a working knowledge of and stay current on all media and technology programs, as well as décor and visual presentations. He would also be working with a modern choir periodically.
Qualifications for worship pastor:
• A minimum of three years experience leading worship in a church setting is required
• Experience in leading a 400+ person church is required, however 1,000+ is preferred
• Must be proficient in leading with keyboard and/or guitar
• Experience with leading a worship band and in instrumentation
• Experience with organizing and leading a choir
• Basic music theory, scoring, and composition skills are required
• Working knowledge of technical systems including: sound boards, lights, audio, and video recording/duplication
• Higher education is preferred
If you fit the above qualifications and are interested in being considered as a potential candidate, please email to submit all of the following:
1. Resume reflecting the above qualifications
2. A picture of yourself and your family
3. Personal and previous church references
4. Links to videos online of you leading worship preferred, but we will accept DVDs
Please respect our search process. NO phone calls or drop-ins will be considered. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POSTING via CHURCHSTAFFING.COM. We will only be reviewing resumes sent directly to email address provided.
All submitted resumes must meet above qualifications and also include an online link of you leading worship, and/or a DVD. Submitted DVDs may be mailed to: Pastor Jason and Heidi Williams, TurningPoint Church, 10700 Old Burleson Rd., Ft. Worth, TX 76140.
Email resumes and links to Pastor Jason and Heidi Williams at email@example.com