This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Faith Lutheran Church
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 06/10/2011
Categories: Church Staff - Music Ministry
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
POSITION TITLE: Worship Leader, WL (full-time)
ACCOUNTABILITY: Director of Worship Arts, DWA
Position Summary: The WL will serve God and the church as a regular worship leader in two worship venues. The WL will also team with the DWA as a ‘Worship Arts University’ developer/implementer, and provide administrative support in the areas of scheduling, license reporting and ministry development. The WL should understand and support the values, mission and vision of Faith Lutheran Church. The DWA serves as a supervisor and resource in areas of encouragement, spiritual growth, professional development and leadership.
PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS: The WL must be a Christ-centered, teachable, and relational leader.
1. The WL shall be committed, first and foremost, to a personal, growing relationship with our Savior. He/she shall be devoted to Bible study, worship, prayer and a personal devotional life.
2. The WL shall be a model of discipleship for all members, guests and friends of Faith Lutheran Church. This does not mean being perfect, but understanding one’s position before the Lord, living under the cross of Christ, and demonstrating a heart-felt desire to please the Lord in words and actions.
3. The WL shall be a servant leader — not interested in self-promotion, but driven by a Christ-like desire to make others better — positioning himself/herself as a servant to those whom he/she leads.
4. The WL shall possess a humble spirit, demonstrating a genuine concern for all people (regardless of age, race, background, or economics), a nonjudgmental heart, an appreciation for the unique gifts and talents of every member of the Body of Christ. He/she shall also be willing to examine himself/herself in light of correction or suggestions and maintain a confident but teachable heart.
5. It is expected that the WL will become a member of Faith Lutheran Church.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The WL must be able to perform the following duties:
1. Work alongside with the site Pastor and DWA in the planning and preparation of weekly Saturday and Sunday worship services, as well as special services as needed.
a. Collaborate with site Pastor on song selection and order of service.
b. Collaborate with multi-site Coordinator in production of video slides.
c. Schedule musicians and technicians to execute a high-quality, consistent worship experience.
2. Collaborate with Celebration Lutheran School on special events (2-3 times per year).
3. Performs as lead WL in worship services at the Celebration Ministry Center (80%) and at the Faith Ministry Center (20%).
a. Proficient at leading worship from the guitar and as lead vocal.
b. Ability to add extemporaneous prayer to a worship experience.
c. Monitor the worship needs of the congregation to maximize participation.
d. Ability to conduct efficient rehearsals with both singers and instrumentalists.
e. Display strong leadership qualities by coming organized, prepared and on time to rehearsals.
f. Ability to read music and teach musical concepts to instrumentalists and vocalists.
g. Provide spiritual encouragement/growth to volunteers from Faith Lutheran Church.
4. Assist in developing a Worship Arts University for Faith Lutheran Church.
a. Mentor less-experienced worship leaders from within the church.
b. Recruit musicians and technicians for the worship ministry.
c. Cross-train technicians to help with sound board, video presentation and radio.
d. Team with DWA in further expansion of this program to include visual and dramatic arts.
5. Team with Youth Director and DWA to develop youth band ministry for leading worship services.
6. Assist DWA in administrative duties of the worship ministry.
a. Update Planning Center Online with personnel data and music scores/recordings necessary for preparing volunteers for performing in worship.
b. Oversee the reporting of hymn/song usage for all worship services.
7. Identify and communicate budgetary requirements to DWA by September 1st for new budget.
8. Attend meetings as needed.
9. Other duties as needed to maintain a cohesive, evolving worship arts ministry.
QUALIFICATIONS: WL skills needed to effectively complete the above responsibilities are typically acquired through training and experience. Therefore, the WL will most likely have acquired:
1. Three or more years of experience in leading non-traditional worship services.
2. Training in a Christian University or Christian Church.
3. Experience in a team environment that requires relational, organizational and communication skills.
4. Experience with presentational software programs and audio technology.
INTERACTION: The WL position requires interface and interaction with the following groups:
1. Members of the Pastoral Office Team (church staff).
2. Current and potential worship ministry volunteers from Faith Lutheran Church.
3. Worshipers from both ministry centers.
4. Celebration Lutheran School staff and students.
5. Fox Valley community (identifying opportunities to serve outside of the church).