This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pathway Community Church
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 06/09/2011
Categories: Executive Pastor
Denominations: Missionary Church
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Pathway Community Church is searching for an Executive Pastor who will serve and support the growth of our body and ministry needs. The Executive Pastor will serve our ministry staff by leading, refining, challenging and enabling them to execute church and ministry objectives. Our desire is for the Executive Pastor to lead our staff with a servant’s heart, have a visible and growing personal relationship with Christ that cultivate an atmosphere whereby Christ is honored through their ministry at PCC.
Responsibilities The Executive Pastor will have the responsibility and authority of enabling the vision through the oversight of ministry objectives, maintaining a functional communication procedure, and providing leadership and supervision to all ministry staff.
• In conjunction with the Sr. Pastor the Executive Pastor will lead all staff meetings providing agendas and objectives in addition to building and developing an atmosphere of collaboration.
• Execute ministry objectives created in conjunction with Elders and Ministry Team ensuring consistent delivery of vision through all programs.
• Create plans to resolve operational issues, communicating collaboratively throughout the process with Elders and Senior Pastor. Identify and resolve personnel issues in a manner that upholds the Church’s vision.
• Ensure financial stability of church by partnering with the Finance Team to review church’s finances, develop an annual budget and establish regular reviews with the Ministry Staff & Elder Board. Serves as a non-voting member of the Board of Elders and a representative to the Finance Team.
• Coach and Mentor Ministry Staff, ensuring personal development and delivery of church’s values and mission through leadership.
• Mentor and guide staff to stay accountable to work plans and objectives, coordinating the appropriate resources and ensuring performance reviews and timely feedback are delivered.
• Lead all talent management decisions, including hiring, training, termination and benefits.
• Manages multiple projects simultaneously, constantly re-evaluating priorities based on ministry needs.
First and foremost, the Executive Pastor will have a deep and growing relationship with Christ, a growing and vibrant relationship with their family, and a commitment to maintaining healthy accountability relationships with a small number of mature Christians. A servant-leader mindset must be evident in the life of this candidate.
Minimum of an undergraduate degree (Masters Preferred) with an emphasis on ministry formation, implementation and organizational leadership. Additional education or training specific to ministry development and oversight, organizational leadership, and business administration preferred. While a seminary degree is not required, training in theology would be preferred since this position will lead and coach multiple pastors.
Proven progressive leadership in a growing ministry/service organization setting. Strong knowledge base regarding new ministry development, ongoing ministry operations, policy and procedure development, strategic planning, team development and leadership coaching and mentoring. Experience in general pastoral care activities including biblical counseling, teaching, and lay leader mentoring an added plus.
The Executive Pastor will require a unique blend of the strategic/tactical leadership skills to lead the development of plans & objectives, and a strong interpersonal/relational skill set to effectively implement and enable that plan. This candidate will demonstrate skills in:
1. The practices and principles of new ministry planning and implementation
2. Organizational development and ongoing operational improvement efforts
3. Collaborating with and authoring strategic plan documents and ministry reporting and update documents
4. Budgeting and budget management
5. Orchestrating resources, communication and operational efforts to create greater efficiency, effectiveness, and team clarity
6. General human resources management, individual and team development
7. Proven ability to lead through engagement and influence.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as ministry needs evolve.