This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministries Pastor
Gateway Community Church
Austin, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 06/08/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
WHO WE ARE:
Gateway Church is a community of people who are in process. Everyone is welcome at Gateway regardless of what they think about church or God or religion. It was originally started as a church for people who don’t really like church. Gateway is a safe place for skeptics and doubters to ask their questions. Many people have been burned by church experiences in the past and Gateway hopes that this is a place where everyone can sort out authentic faith with a very real God and begin to experience it themselves. Gateway is all about doing life together in community, being intentional about personal growth and serving one another and the broader community along the way.
Gateway is one church, but meets in several locations. Gateway holds services on the main campus in Northwest Austin on McNeil Drive in addition to services in South Austin at Covington Middle School. Convinced that people should do church where they do life, Gateway has recently created geography-based networks in Central, Northwest, and South Austin, as well as Round Rock and Cedar Park/Leander. In addition, Gateway streams services live every Sunday and connects in online communities around the world.
We’re looking for someone with the ability to develop and lead teams of adult volunteers who will lead and care for students and student leaders. Essentially, we’re looking for a strong and dynamic leader who can minister to kids through adult student ministry leaders and volunteers. The person in this role must prioritize developing adults to lead the ministry first and foremost.
Students attending Gateway are a unique mix of some kids who have grown up in the church and a large majority of kids who are far from God. The Student Pastor must create environments where unchurched students can explore and check out faith while also equipping core kids to be on mission while they continue to grow in faith and purpose.
The Student Pastor is part of the NextGen team working closely with the Chidlren’s Ministry as part of the NextGen’s strategy to reach and equip families. The NextGen team works together, shares resources and operates under the “Orange” strategy. We seek to lead an integrated NextGen team where ministry silos are not tolerated.
We believe the right candidate is:
• 100% behind the mission and vision of Gateway Church
and willing to do whatever is necessary to see Gateway be successful.
• Be excited to serve our specific church community and connect strongly with our unique identity.
• Desire to be a part of a church that isn’t perfect, doesn't have it all figured out, but is willing to go where God leads.
• A team player that thrives in collaborative environments.
• A self-motivated individual who is excellence-minded.
• A leader that develops teams and an organization so that the leader isn’t doing everything.
• Have a passion multiply Chirst-followers who will serve others, the community and the world.
• Be highly relational and enjoy investing in people.
• Passionate about reaching and equipping students.
• Have both creative and administrative abilities.
• Demonstrate a level of spiritual and life maturity, regardless of their age.
• Strive to follow Jesus in real, everyday ways. Lead first and foremost from their authentic life with God.
• Led student ministry with more than 300 students
• Bachelor degree
• Minimum of 5 years experience leading students; record of leading student ministries with 250+ weekly attendance
Interested? Send your resume and any other materials you feel are pertinent to firstname.lastname@example.org.