This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Music Worship Director
Hamilton Mill United Methodist Church
Dacula, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 06/05/2011
Categories: Music Ministry
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Hamilton Mill UMC, a 2,000+ member congregation located in Dacula, GA, is seeking a Music Worship Director to oversee the planning of the blended/contemporary, youth, and ‘family-oriented’ services at the church. The Music Worship Director is a full-time (40+ hours weekly) ministry position charged with the goal of managing and leading all audio/visual, vocal, and instrumental components of the contemporary worship experience at HMUMC. Through his/her actions in the music ministry, the successful candidate will engage our congregation and community in the celebration of Jesus Christ through music, help to illuminate the word of God, and prepare our hearts to receive the Lord.
Dacula is one of the best places in the country to work. Mill Creek HS is ranked in the top 5% of High Schools in the country by Newsweek and Osborne Middle School is number one in the State. In close proximity is the Buford School System that is just as academically strong as the Gwinnett County Schools.
HMUMC is located directly across the street from an 890 acre park that features 5 miles of paved trails and dozens of miles of unpaved trails for hiking, mountain biking, and equestrian use. The park also features pavilions, a large playground, two waterfalls, and an overlook from one of the highest points in Gwinnett County. Gwinnett Parks and Recreations has won national awards for its parks and was awarded the number one park system in the state in 2010.
This is a management and worship leader position that will focus primarily on our contemporary worship services and the orchestration of all audio/visual, vocal, and instrumental components of the worship experience. This individual should have the personality and presence to connect with the congregation while keeping the worship focused on God.
• Oversee the planning of the Contemporary Services; 9:30 AM blended/contemporary service and 11:00 Extreme Worship on Sunday mornings
• Work with Family Ministries Staff to plan and lead the Wednesday evening family worship service, "Oasis" and quarterly ‘FX Live’ Sunday evening services
• Work with the Family Ministries Staff to plan children and student worship and recruit and equip volunteers to lead music at these events.
• Select music for services in conjunction with pastor’s sermon
• Run effective and efficient rehearsals for each respective service
• Manage the audio and visual teams for all worship services at the church
• Recruit and lead volunteer vocalists and instrumentalists within the congregation
• Minister to the community of teams involved in worship music.
Gifts and Talents:
• Ability to lead musicians and a media team effectively,
• Energetic and motivating
• Good planning/organizational skills
• Pleasant singing voice
• Basic piano skills (able to play/follow a written part)
• Able to read and transpose music
• Solid understanding of contemporary church music
• Understands visual technical needs
• Knows how to operate the audio sound equipment
• Knows or is willing to learn ProPresenter
• Transparent and effective communicator
• Can teach/convey the concepts of music effectively to others
• Willing and competently able to serve as a substitute for other members of the music team, as needed
• College graduate in worship or music-related field preferred, but not required.
Music will be planned in coordination with the pastoral staff. The Worship Music Director will be expected to participate weekly in worship planning and staff meetings. Additional service responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, healing/prayer services, Good Friday, Easter morning, and Christmas Eve.
Potential candidates are asked to submit:
2. Video of current teaching/leading (links to online portfolio preferred)
All interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter, resume and link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org.