This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Alpharetta First United Methodist Church
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 06/03/2011
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
Alpharetta First United Methodist Church (www.afumc.org) is seeking a full-time Communications Manager to work in our main office and support the communication needs and total philosophy of the church.
Alpharetta Methodist is a vibrant family of faith (1,500+ average weekly attendance) located in a fast growing northern suburb of Atlanta.
Seeking individual to manage and supervise external and internal communications with the primary purpose being to evangelize to the community and to support the communication efforts of various programs and ministries of the Alpharetta Methodist Church family. This includes managing both print and electronic media and providing creative and marketing counsel to staff and church members to effectively reach specific people-groups regarding AFUMC programs and ministries
External Communication - Oversee all communication (print, broadcast, direct mail, web, etc.) from AFUMC to the community by working with the Communications Committee volunteers to help counsel and direct the overall communications, marketing and creative effort.
Internal Communications includes management of communication between the church staff, ministries and the AFUMC family.
• Supervise and/or manage the creation, publication of print and electronic communication which may include: church bulletin, weekly e-newsletter, monthly newsletter, visitor information, miscellaneous flyers, brochures, etc as needed along with any other print or electronic publications
• Supervise and/or manage weekly web updates and perpetually seek new technologies and opportunities to improve the effectiveness of web-related communication.
• Work in cooperation with technology support and database management support to ensure AFUMC’s electronic/web-based communication is effective and database information is current and available.
• Advise and support other AFUMC ministries and organizations as they seek to effectively reach and communicate with specific people/groups.
• Advise and support other AFUMC program coordinators with regard to the creative development and implementation of outreach events AND weekly and special church services.
The Communications Manager is a full-time position working between 9 and 5, Monday through Friday.
Qualified candidates should possess:
• A solid commitment to Jesus Christ
• Skill in layout, design and executing creative concepts
• A willingness to help and an open mind to change and new ideas
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• An energetic, flexible and team-player spirit
• Understanding of Apple Macintosh programs including Adobe Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Understanding of MS Office products including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
• Ability to work effectively with multiple programs and projects.
• A bachelors degree with material work experience in creative communications and writing
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Alpharetta Methodist provides an excellent benefits package including continuing education opportunities and retirement plan.
Resumes will be received through June 17, 2011 and should be submitted to Wayne Ledbetter, Church Administrator, RE: Communications Manager. Please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to AFUMC, Attn. Wayne Ledbetter, 69 North Main Street, Alpharetta, GA 30009 or faxed to (770) 521-8787.
No Relocation Package