This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Student Ministries – Jr. High
Long Beach, California, United States
Date Posted: 06/03/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Bethany Church is a midsize church located in the city of Long Beach, CA with an average attendance of 1,000. Bethany seeks to become a community of followers of Jesus who are loving God, loving others, living missionally and helping others do the same. Our desire is for people to come to know Christ and be transformed into His likeness. We want people on our staff who are first committed to this transformation in their own life and then passionate about using their gifts to help the people they serve be conformed to the image of Christ. We believe as our people experience this transformation God will use them to bring transformation in our community, region and world.
The purpose of the position of Pastor of Student Ministries - Jr. High is to develop the Jr. High ministry into a Biblically-centered, relational community of believers committed to living out Bethany’s vision of loving God, loving others, living missionally, and helping others do the same.
• Passionate follower of Christ who demonstrates spiritual authenticity and Godly character
• Able to meet the qualifications of a leader found in I Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:5-9.
• Possesses a humble, servant’s heart
• Flexible and Teachable
• Fun, energetic, team player
• Hard working, self motivated
• Able to submit to those in authority
General Responsibilities and Goals:
• Teaches relevant messages which are communicated biblically sound, engaging, and creative format.
• Creates curriculum for developing the spiritual life of students and encouraging their growth as disciples of Christ
• Casting and implementing the vision and values of the church within the Jr. High ministry.
• Provides opportunities for our students to grow both relationally and spiritually through mid-week Bible studies, monthly activities, and camp experiences.
• Creates opportunities for the students to reach their peers for Christ
• Develops a missional mind-set in the hearts of our students and opportunities for them to serve inside and outside the church
• Develops and oversees the budget for Jr. High School Ministry
• Develops benchmarks by which the ministries can be evaluated
• Works in collaboratively with in the entire student ministries to provide a plan of spiritual development for our students as they pass through the Children’s, Jr. High, High School, and College ministries.
• Assists in church wide activities as directed by the Senior Pastor such as Baptisms, Communion, and Church wide events.
• Inspires others toward a lifestyle of actively growing with God
• Recruits, leads, coaches and mentors paid interns for Jr. High ministry
• Recruits, trains and empowers adult and student leaders to serve in the ministry.
• Establishes discipleship relationships with key students, and empowers small group leaders to do the same
• Clearly and effectively communicates with parents and youth
• Provides biblical counsel to individuals and families
• Coordinates and partners with Children’s Director on a cohesive transitional experience (5th-6th grade) for kids and their parents
• Coordinates and partners with Pastor of Student Ministries – High School on a cohesive transitional experience (5th-6th grade) for kids and their parents
Education and/or Experience:
• Graduated from an Accredited College/University
• Preferred: Bible and/or Seminary training
• 3-5 years related experience working with 50+ students.
The Pastor of Student Ministries is under the authority of the Sr. Pastor and works under the direct supervision of the Executive Pastor
Send to Apply:
• Cover letter, Resume, Photo
• 60 second or less video about yourself
• Two audio or video teaching samples
- Video can be posted to YouTube and please send link
• Any other information you feel would be important for us to consider
• Send all items to: firstname.lastname@example.org