This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Middle School Pastor
First Covenant Church
salina, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 06/03/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
First Covenant Church believes that youth are a vital part of the family of God. It is the privilege of the entire church to invest in the youth not only as the future of the church, but as leaders of the church today. Our desire is to see youth that know Christ, follow Christ, and serve Christ as did young King Josiah "He did what was right in the eyes of the Lord.; He followed the example of his ancestors, and never wavered to the right or to the left." -2 Kings 22:1
First Covenant Church of Salina, Kansas is a growing congregation with over 900 in Sunday attendance in a city of some 50,000 people.
The Middle School ministry currently connects with 35-50 students in a community of over 1,500 middle school students.
FCC is serious about youth and is in the process of building a 18,000 sq ft $3m youth facility
We are looking for a Middle School Pastor who is:
1. spiritually mature, living the Gospel, growing in their walk with God.
2. grounded in Scripture, consistently putting their faith into practice.
3. called and passionate about ministering to middle school students.
4. highly relational, able to connect with students with a variety of interests.
5. able to relate to churched and unchurched students.
6. a creative and gifted communicator.
7. an energetic encourager, who brings out the best in students.
8. aligned with the vision and future of First Covenant Church.
General Responsibilities of the Middle School Pastor:
1. provide vision and leadership for a dynamic middle school ministry, emphasizing both discipleship and outreach
2. identify, invite, develop, and equip adult leaders who will invest in the lives of students
3. exhibit effective administrative planning and excellent communication skills
4. equip students to carry out Jesus' commission to serve and save those in our community who do not yet know him
5. cultivates a love of God and Scripture through passionate, Bible-based, applicable teaching
6. organize and develop programs and special events for middle school youth
7. serve as a Christian role model for the youth
8. encourage students, parents, and volunteers both individually and corporately through relationships and prayer
1. compatibility with the theology, practices, and policies of The Evangelical Covenant Church
2. bachelors degree or equivalent in youth ministry or related field preferred, hands-on experience in youth ministry required
3. excellent organizational and communication skills
1. This full-time position is now available.
2. This position reports directly to the Student Ministries Pastor.
3. The Middle School ministry at First Covenant Church is for seventh and eighth grades.
4. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes life, health, and retirement plans.
5. Resumes can be submitted to email@example.com