This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Music & Worship Leader
CrossRoads Community Church
Ottawa Lake, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 06/02/2011
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Denominations: Free Methodist
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Part-Time
Crossroads Community Church has an immediate opening for a flexible, energetic, fun to work with, highly motivated, Spirit-filled Music and Worship Leader for a growing, culturally relevant and progressive church of about 1300 in weekend attendance.
Since the early 1990’s Crossroads, philosophically, has been a “seeker” church, meaning that we have placed a high emphasis on music and the arts in helping our services “connect” with those who have never been to church before or haven’t been for a while. For that reason we are very modern in our musical selections, use secular music when applicable (and appropriate) to help people access “God’s truth” for their lives, and worship using current worship resources. We are currently moving in the direction of what you might call “post-seeker” understanding that it is still important to have our services be accessible and engaging, but finding ways to do services that challenge every person to take the next steps in their spiritual journey.
• To work with Pastor of Creative Arts to select appropriate music that fits and works with the broader direction for weekly services and series.
• To organize and lead musicians to create all musical aspects of weekend services (both worship and specials) at least 2 weekends per month.
• To organize and lead musicians to create all musical aspects of occasional outreach events.
• To lead weekly musical rehearsals (during weeks when leading weekend services), including vocal and band rehearsals.
• To find, chart, transpose, and organize music for distribution to team members.
Qualifications, Gifts, and Strengths:
• Unwavering commitment to Jesus Christ and demonstrated Christian maturity; commitment to the doctrinal stances of Crossroads Community Church.
• Proven leadership record, including ability to work with, support, and direct diverse pastoral and lay teams.
• Proven ability to envision and explore new and creative methods of addressing the varied needs and opportunities arising within the position’s scope of responsibility.
• The position requires a person who is a problem solver, quick to respond to ever-changing demands and tempos of event production
• Team player in all aspects of leadership.
• The position requires a person with a strong working knowledge of music theory, music performance, and musical electronics.
• The position requires a person who is knowledgeable of different kinds of instrumentation and confident in directing musicians to create tasteful instrumental blends.
Please send a resume, bio, and video of yourself in a worship setting to the care of Steve Smith by email at email@example.com, or by mail to Crossroads Community Church at:
6960 Sylvania-Petersburg Rd.
Ottawa Lake, MI 49267