This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Technical Production
Crossroads Community Church
commerc City, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 06/01/2011
Categories: Media/Technology - Programming Pastor
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Technical Production
This is your opportunity to join a fast growing and dynamic multi-site church with seven campuses in three different states. Crossroads is currently running over 3,000 in attendance. Our passion is to help every person we can find their place in God's plan. The Director of Technical Production will work directly with and report to the Executive Pastor. This position will be based at our Northern Range Campus in Commerce City, CO.
The Director of Technical Production is a creative, energetic and organized team member who passionately pursues a vision for the innovative and effective use of audio and visual production technologies in ministry. You are a leader and passionate about bringing new technology and new forms of media into ministry.
You will be… (Responsibilities)
The Director of Technical Production plans, organizes, and directs the creative and technical production of live weekend experience at our Broadcast Campus and their recording and distribution on various media. This position needs to continually recruit, train, organize and lead a volunteer team in the weekly preparation and creative production of weekend worship experience as well as our media arts department. He/she constantly strives to achieve excellence in the creative display and technical quality of video, audio, lighting, graphics. This person ensures that all of these production elements collectively achieve a quality digital record for distribution on various media, campus playback and online. He/she collaborates creatively and provides technical assistance throughout the Creative Team and oversees our Media Arts Team which includes oversight of graphics, video & website.
The Director of Technical Production is responsible for correct operation of all technical production equipment at the broadcast campus. Routinely examines and tests production equipment to ensure all audio, video, computer, lighting, and projection equipment is fully operational and ready to be used. When equipment does not perform as expected, schedules repair or replacement, tracks progress and ensures that technical problems do not prevent normal operations from proceeding.
The Director of Technical Production will also be responsible for oversight of the Media Arts Team which includes video, graphics and web.
You Are…. (Qualifications)
• Must be a Christian who exhibits a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by a life of obedience and example.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in live event technical production.
• A comprehensive understanding and expert knowledge of sound reinforcement, standard and intelligent lighting systems, video production and staging systems.
• Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task several projects at the same time.
• Flexibility to adapt to unforeseen circumstances and a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
• Extreme attention to detail and a passion for excellence in creative and technical production.
• A pro-active work ethic including a self-motivated drive for efficiency and organization.
• Experience and training in digital video production with a professional reel.
• Experience and training in field production including field lighting, audio and camera work.
• Experience and training in post-production work including non-linear editing, compositing, and motion graphic design, and video/audio encoding.
• Proficient use of the following programs: Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Soundtrack, Motion, Photoshop, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, DVD Studio Pro, Compressor, adobe media encoder.
• Knowledge of the following programs is a plus: ProTools.
• Creative thinking ability and recognition of good visual design.
• Proven ability to recruit, train, and lead volunteers in an artistic or technical ministry environment.
• Proven ability to motivate, encourage, and mentor staff.
Please send all resumes and examples of your work to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
Please Note: This is a newer position and the job description will be morphing as we find the right person.