This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 06/01/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Christ Fellowship is now seeking a full time Youth Director to work with 7th-12th grade students. This person’s qualifications should include but are not limited to the following:
• A passionate leader with strong communication skills
• Leadership and team building skills
• Dynamic and creative vision for overall ministry
• Ability to recruit and develop departmental leaders
• Ability to disciple and encourage growth in the lives of students
• Possess a solid working knowledge of our current youth ministry vision
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Focused work in Youth Ministry: In accountability to the Lead Pastor and Ministry Director, the Youth Director will develop ministry and outreach to secondary school students. Responsibilities include:
a) Developing programs, goals, and measures that serve the needs [spiritual, emotional, physical & mental] of students and their families in accordance with the church's vision, mission, and core values. ?
b) Planning and organizing 3 special church-wide events per year: examples are Easter, Family Fun Night, and summer camp.
c) Designing and implementing at least three major outreach or social events per year for students.
d) Creating and developing leadership opportunities for students under the guidance of key adult mentor leaders.
e) Addressing specific needs of students as they arise through one-on-one or small group meetings, visits, or other connections appropriate to the circumstances.
f) Developing environments for students that are supportive and cultivate spritual growth.
g) Serving as a motivating, inspiring and engaging leader to students and parents.
2. Staff Supervision and Development: The Youth Director serves as the leader to the volunteers that contribute to Grounded Youth. The Youth Director leads, evaluates and mentors the volunteers in the respective roles by doing the following:
a) Communicating the vision of Grounded Youth to volunteers and parents on a consistent basis.
b) Establishing semi-annual volunteer meetings/appreciation gatherings.
c) Encouraging, uplifting, and pastoring with volunteers on a consistent basis.
d) Coordinating the recruitment, training and scheduling of all volunteers in Grounded Youth.
e) Equipping all volunteers by providing them with the tools necessary for success in each environment.
f) Developing diverse and dynamic teams for all areas of Grounded Youth Ministry.
g) Participating in monthly creative meetings with key volunteers.
3. Administration: The Youth Director will strengthen programs and activities with young people through:
a) Establishing ministry short term and long term goals, vision and measures.
b) Encouraging teamwork, mutual support, leadership and care to volunteers who serve in the department.
c) Meeting with key leaders on a monthly basis to organize and prepare materials for services; distributing those materials to volunteers in a timely manner.
d) Reviewing and selecting materials and educational tools for Grounded Youth Ministry.
e) Consistently managing all props, technology and creative elements of the youth service.
f) Maintaining an accurate inventory of equipment and supplies and purchasing supplies as needed.
g) Responding to communication demands that arise through email, personal interaction, and telephone contacts.
4. Evaluation and Compensation: The Youth Director will file weekly reports to the Ministry Director on ministry accomplishments and activities. With the Lead Pastor’s participation, the Ministry Director will conduct annually performance evaluations and review compensation package.
a) Attend workshops and conferences to stay informed on new and effective ways to implement youth ministry and share such knowledge with others in the church.
b) Attend regular staff meetings and retreats.
Please send your resume to email@example.com