This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grace Bible Church
Minooka, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 06/01/2011
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Grace Bible Church is a progressive evangelical church strategically located in between the cities of Joliet, Minooka, Shorewood & Plainfield Illinois. Approximately 125,000 people live within a 20 minute drive of the church. We desire to become a Generous Life-Changing Community who invite people in just as they are, and help them discover a relationship with Christ. Sunday attendance averages 500 -600 (adults and children). We have a variety of strong ministries that reach deep into our community.
We are looking for the Senior Pastor of Grace Bible is to be a servant leader, highly relational, with vision and passion for people and for God’s work through the local church. He will need to have strong communication skills (both in the pulpit and inter-personally), a passion for developing new leaders, a heart for reaching the far from God, and the ability to motivate others to chase God with their lives.
1. Leadership and Vision,
• Seek God’s word and God’s leading for Grace Bible Church
• Discern and communicate vision, direction & strategy
• Lead, shepherd and develop the pastoral team and other support staff
• Shepherd and develop the board of Elders
• Inspire, influence and challenge the spiritual well-being of the congregation, so that they may glorify God in their public and private lives – both corporately and as individuals
2. Preach and Teach
• Communicate God’s word in a way that is relative to those God brings to Grace
• Lead a team in the programming of all worship services
3. Set an Example
• Model a life passionate for Jesus Christ and the work of His church
• Model a heart committed to reaching the far from God and making disciples in accordance with the great commission
• Model a life that shows a consistency of spiritual growth
• Demonstrate a deep love for people and model discipleship by teaching and leading in the context of God-honoring relationships
• The Senior Pastor shall meet the New Testament requirements for office as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
• Embrace the GBC Statement of Faith, Philosophy of ministry and possess a strong commitment to excellence
• A degree from an accredited seminary or Bible College ( Masters of Divinity preffered)
• A minimum of five years experience in a Senior Pastor or comparable role in a church of at least 500
• Experience in and/or a heart for reaching the Midwestern United States is strongly preferred.
Applicants should send their resume via email to Duane Boyett (executive pastor) firstname.lastname@example.org
Also applicants need to include an audio or video file or web link to a recent sermon. Video is preferred.
For further information, please visit our web site at www.gracewired.net .