This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Assembly of God
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 05/31/2011
Categories: Communications - Media/Technology
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Director of Technical Ministries
Reports To: Associate Pastor
Status: Full Time Salaried Position
Administers and develops the Technical Department including recruitment, training, and leading to ensure that a Sound Vision continues to grow in excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for discerning gifted technicians and be able to recruit and equip those persons for the ministry of a Sound Vision enabling a broader participation from the church body. Oversee the administrative duties of the technical department working closely with the minister of music, worship leaders and other personnel. Assist with weekly service plan and discern how to recruit and equip individuals for leadership in tech department, possibly involving people in non-technical roles.
* Schedule tech for rehearsals and services.
* Schedule tech for additional practices and events as needed.
* Directs all technical aspects of sound, lighting, video, etc. affecting the worship service.
* Continually work on developing and improving personal skills for use in ministry so that the Technical Ministry can grow in this congregation.
* Participation in workshops, conferences, seminars, etc.
* Order and maintain all equipment
* Lead and/or assist with planning for special events.
* Directs the set-up and tear-down of platforms and equipment as necessary.
* Keeps inventory of all technical equipment.
* Assists in annual budget preparation concerning technical ministry.
* Video production for Sunday advertisement and website.
* Produce or gather of graphic elements Announcement slides
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Spiritual maturity and commitment to a Christian life style
* Ability to lead volunteers
* Organization, administrative, and leadership skills
* Ability to motivate technical team members
* Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative
* Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services (sound boards,lighting,video,etc.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Exhibits a passion for God and a Christ-like spirit. These qualities will be evidenced in his personal life, and his ministry. He nurtures his inner self through a disciplined life of daily fellowship with God in prayer and Bible study.
* The ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations is critical, as well as the ability to work independently.
* Must possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities. The ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems is important.
* The ability to communicate and establish effective working relationships with all levels of people, conveying a genuine concern for their needs and a desire to provide exceptional service, is essential for this position.
* The ideal candidate should be creative, detail oriented, flexible, and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, and motivate others.
* Must participate in a microchurch
* Must give a minimum of tithe as an example of faithfulness
PHYSICAL DEMANDS –
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk up latter’s, walk, sit, lift up to 50 lbs, talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Local travel is routinely required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT –
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.