This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Contemporary Worship and Media
Kingwood United Methodist Church
Kingwood, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 05/27/2011
Categories: Media/Technology - Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Director, Contemporary Worship and Media
Reports to: Director of Music
General Responsibilities: Primary responsibility is to provide music and service leadership of Contemporary worship and, secondarily, to manage the audio/visual needs of the church.
…in Contemporary worship,
• Planning and musical leadership of contemporary worship service (s).
• Recruit, train and lead individuals to serve in appropriate musical groups.
• Give oversight to the physical maintenance of musical instruments used in contemporary worship which may be owned by the church.
• Prepare or assist in the preparation of annual budget requests, including the use of both operating and designated monies.
• Attend and participate in worship planning sessions with the pastors and others as appropriate.
• Subject to time availability, work cooperatively with such district and conference programs as shall complement and benefit the ministry of KUMC and the broader interests of the kingdom of God.
• Other such duties as may be assigned by the presiding pastor/supervisor and appropriate for the skills and abilities of the individual.
…in audio/visual areas,
• Manage and troubleshoot live audio, video and lighting
• Provide organizational leadership and training for a volunteer technical team
• Edit video for a variety of uses
• Inventory and maintain all sound, video and lighting equipment
• Provide recommendations for life-cycle of current equipment and purchase of new equipment
• Provide a vision for ways A/V technologies may be used in worship services and major meetings
• Work with visiting artists to provide required A/V set-ups.
• College degree
• Minimum 3 years experience in worship leadership
• Strong experience in audio/video management of presentations in churches or performance arenas
• Has discerned a call into contemporary music ministry