This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Cross Lanes, West Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 05/27/2011
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Perrow Presbyterian Church desires a Pastor who is a strong leader with an emphasis on youth and young family outreach and ministry. He should be charismatic and show a demonstrated passion for prayer and Bible teaching. The Pastor is expected to be a team player who will work together with the Session to formulate an exciting and Godly centered cutting edge vision for ministry at Perrow. This Pastor will show a demonstrated history of equipping others for ministry
• Master of Divinity Degree
• Is a good leader
• Helps people develop their spiritual life
• Is effective in working with youth
• Encourages others to assume and carry out leadership
• Has a sense of the direction of his/her ministry
• Encourages people to relate their faith to their daily lives.
• Is mature and emotionally secure
• Works regularly at bringing new members into the church
• Is a person who cultivates a close, devotional relationship with God
• Helps people develop their leadership abilities
• Works well on a team
• Is a compassionate and caring person, sensitive to others’ needs
• Effective preacher, speaker or teacher
• Ability to build partnerships in mission and ministry
• Ability to work with the broadest diversity of persons and groups
The pastor will be a member of the church staff and responsible to the Session, Perrow Presbyterian Church congregation and to the Mid Atlantic Presbytery of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) for the coordination of the on-going programs of the congregation. In meeting this responsibility the Pastor will normally be expected to exercise pastoral and representational leadership within the church organization and to serve the needs of the church as are identified in this job description. The role and responsibilities of the Pastor may be further refined from time to time as indicated by the needs of the church and by the mutual agreement of the Pastor and the Session, so long as such agreement does not conflict with the provisions of the EPC Book of Order or the provisions of the terms of call.
Areas Of Specific Responsibility
• To plan and lead the various worship services of the church.
• To preach the Word of God on the occasions as established by the Session, and to provide leadership in seeking qualified persons to fill the pulpit and conduct services when the Pastor is absent.
• To administer the Sacraments, working with the Session and other appropriate groups to insure that the elements are prepared for Communion.
• To officiate at Weddings as requested by the couple to be married. To offer pre-marriage counseling prior to performing the ceremony.
• To officiate at services for the deceased and to insure an appropriate witness to the resurrection worship service.
• To counsel where appropriate.
• To teach as appropriate.
• To lead in social outreach to the community.
• To serve as Moderator of the Session.
• To develop and strengthen the organization of the Session. This function includes annual leadership training for new officers (both elders and deacons).
• To know well the condition of the congregation, and to regularly inform the Session.
• To see that the congregation develops a culture of hospitality so that guests are welcome and honored as a top priority.
• To see that a guest friendly culture of biblical worship is cultivated.
• To frequently employ various means of communicating the mission, vision, accomplishments and events of Perrow Church to members, regular attendees and those visiting the church.
Representation to the Presbytery & the Larger Church Presbytery
• Participate in the meetings/duties/ministry of the Presbytery. Pledge to uphold the constitutional standards of the EPC and actively pursue those ideals.
• To attend meetings of the Presbytery unless providentially hindered.
• To serve in such capacities as the Presbytery may request or direct.
• To insure that the Session receives appropriate reports on the activities of Presbytery at each stated meeting (of Presbytery) or more often as deemed necessary.
To expedite the application process please complete the Personal Information Form located on the following website http://www.epc.org/mediafiles/personal-information-form-print-form.pdf and email to Alan Smith at email@example.com.