This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Small Groups Director
Bethany United Methodist Church
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 05/23/2011
Categories: Church Staff - Small Group Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Church: Bethany United Methodist Church
Department/Ministry: Small Group Ministry
Job title: Small Groups Ministry Director/Pastor
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Type of position: Salary
Hours: Full Time
This position is a key member of the leadership team with the responsibility for growing and leading the Small Group Ministry. Bethany is one of the 100 largest Methodist Churches in the country with a passion for reaching the un-churched. (www.Bethanyumchurch.com)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain a small group program for our congregation of 1500 attendees.
• Provide regular teaching and visitation to small groups and develop a mechanism to stay in touch as well as connect with all groups.
• Develop new small groups, on-site but primarily in the community. Increasing the number of new groups and the maturing of existing groups are critical components of this position.
• Must be proactive and intentional with ongoing recruiting and training of small group leaders.
• Provide either original or existing written materials which emphasize the spiritual needs of those in the marketplace.
• Create ways to increase the level of awareness of Bethany Church small group ministry as well as heighten the awareness of Bethany Church among small group members
• Build culture of small groups among church; build culture of open-chair and apprentice leadership among groups.
• Develop, disciple and multiply leaders
• Oversee mentors, leaders and staff
• Nights & Weekends required
• Other duties as assigned
Work experience requirements:
• 3 – 5 years leadership and management experience
• 3 – 5 years of Small Group experience with churches greater than 1500 members
• 3 – 5 years of church staff or lay leadership experience
• Training & development
• College degree or seminary degree is required.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
• Must be a mature growing follower of Jesus Christ
• Excellent relational and interpersonal communication skills
• Passionate and high energy leader
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Team Player
• Computer literate and solid user of PC/software
Qualified applicants please email resume and statement of faith to: dheinmets@bethanyumchurch,.com