This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Media Arts Director
South Central, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 05/20/2011
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Please email resume and cover letter.
Media Arts Director: Administers and develops the Media Arts ministry, including recruitment, training, and leading a varied ministry of audio-visual arts, to ensure that worship and ministries continue to grow in scope and excellence in harmony with the church's vision and mission statement.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Capture a vision and philosophy of utilizing the Media Arts within all ministries.
• Is part of a leadership team meeting weekly to coordinate ministries in function and philosophy.
• Assist the Worship Pastor with creation of weekly Worship Services and discern how to recruit and equip individuals for leadership in Worship.
• Assist all ministry leaders needing AV support and provide operator training to discern how to recruit and equip individuals for leadership in the media arts.
• Directs all Media Arts operators for all ministries.
• Responsible for discerning the technically gifted and interested and be able to recruit and equip those persons for the Media Arts ministry, enabling a broader participation from the church body.
• Develop a relational ministry with those involved in the Media Arts ministry such that you are known as a friend and one in whom members can confide and look to for spiritual leadership and shepherding.
• Establish standards for Media Arts ministry activities and oversee evaluation against those standards to identify progress in achieving the vision.
• Stay current with new technology development in equipment, hardware and computer software programs and educate leaders and volunteers in the use thereof.
• Oversee the administrative duties of the Media Arts ministry.
• Develop a long-range Media Arts plan in collaboration with leadership.
• Develop an annual Media Arts budget in collaboration with leadership.
• Direct all technical aspects of sound, lighting and video affecting the Worship Services.
• Continually work on developing and improving personal skills for use in ministry so that the Media Arts ministry can grow. Participation in workshops, conferences, seminars, etc. is encouraged and expected.
• Work with IT team to coordinate ministry use of computers.
• Oversee maintenance and operation of all AV and lighting systems.
• Research and make recommendations for the purchase and repair of equipment with the assistance of relevant resources (other experts in similar fields, etc.).
SKILLS AND PHYISICAL ABILITIES
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Local travel is routinely required.
Able to lift 50 pounds
Knowledge of the proper operation of all Sound, Video/Computer and Lighting (AV) systems
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.