This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Go
Lee's Summit Community Church
Lee's Summit, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 05/19/2011
Categories: Evangelism Pastor - Outreach
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Director of Go
Reports To: Executive Leadership Team
The Director of Go is to lead, develop and implement a church-wide outreach strategy to reach Lee’s Summit, our region and our world with the gospel of Christ. Scriptural thought: As you are going throughout life make disciples…
Lee’s Summit Community Church is looking for a compassionate, humble servant leader with the spiritual maturity and communication skills to lead our congregation in a God-breathed vision of outreach.
• Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer and meditation
• Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church
• Financially support the works of ministries of LSCC by faithfully giving a percentage
• of your income to the Lord's work. The majority of your giving will go to the LSCC
• church family and then to other ministries as God provides.
• Faithful Steward – time, treasure, talent, touch
• Proven character
• Meets the qualifications for an elder as stated in I Timothy 3: 1-7 and Titus 1: 6-9
• Develop a church-wide strategy that will mobilize the body to reach our community
• Plan and develop ongoing workshop opportunities to train the body how to share their faith
• Work with all the ministries within LSCC to challenge and give direction on how they could more effectively evangelize in their specific area.
• Provide ongoing tools and opportunities for intentional missional living.
• Develop relationships in Lee’s Summit that will open doors for the gospel.
• Work hand in hand with the Pastor of Adult Ministry to properly follow up with new Christians at LSCC
• Work with ongoing missions at LSCC ( such at Hillcrest)to be the point person in giving the body guidance and direction.
• Annually develop the mission budget of LSCC and oversee the distribution of funds from missions budget.
• Recruit, lead and utilize a team of volunteers who will assist in different areas of outreach; provide training and ongoing communication to the team.
• Oversee the LSCC extension ministries.
• Fulfill the responsibilities with the other Pastors and Directors on a rotating basis to be on call for care needs on a given weekend.
• Rotate with Pastors and Directors to be on duty during the Weekend Services to meet needs during that service.
• Help plan when asked and participate in Leadership Summit and other church-wide meetings.
• Work with our Communications Director and Visual Arts Director to creatively communicate stories of how God has transformed lives in our morning worship times.
• Supply articles on a periodic basis for use in LSCC publications relating to your responsible area of ministry.
Spiritual Gift cluster: Evangelism, Leadership, Teaching