This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Missional Communities
BridgeWay Community Church
Fishers, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 05/19/2011
Categories: Other Pastor - Small Group Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Pastor of Missional Communities
Purpose: To multiply communities that seek God’s Kingdom through missional engagement, and seek God’s Righteousness through intentional discipleship. (Matthew 6:33)
Jim Collins writes great organizations get the “right people” in the “right seats” on the “right bus.”
The Right Bus:
Our Church: BridgeWay’s mission is “Life-Change through Jesus Christ,” and our vision is to be a “Kingdom Church with Five Expressions: Missional, Worship, Formation, Power and Justice.”
Our Groups: During BridgeWay’s ten year history, small groups have focused primarily on spiritual formation as they have studied the Bible, shared their stories and prayed for each other. For BridgeWay to be a Kingdom Church, they must not only change the lives of those inside the group, they must also change the lives of those outside the group. We firmly believe that in the Gospels, Jesus describe not an “either-or” but a “both-and.” Through multiplying these Missional Communities, BridgeWay’s people can seek both God’s Kingdom and God’s Righteousness.
The Right Seat:
1. Missional Communities: You must have a demonstrated track record of directing and multiplying both leaders and groups. Of particular importance is the ability to help them discern and implement their community’s God-given mission. Our objective is to make it abnormal for an attender not to be engaged in a Missional Community.
2. Assimilation: You must have the people and administrative skills to make first-time guests feel at home and implement a system for follow-up. You will be responsible for the recruitment and training of leaders and volunteers for our Frontline Ministry. Our objective is to be prepared for our anticipated move into a new facility in 2012.
3. Membership: You must have the ability to champion both the implementation and overall quality of our “Life-Change Series” of Core Courses, mobilizing the people of BridgeWay from the congregation into “The Core.” Our objective is to double the number of BridgeWay members within the next two years.
4. Men’s & Women’s Ministries: You must have a strong passion for gender-based ministry, serving as the staff advocate for our volunteer directors of Men’s and Women’s Ministries. Our objective is for BridgeWay to be known as a recognized leader in our community for gender-based ministries.
5. Pastoral Care: You must be seen as one of BridgeWay’s “go-to pastors” for both counsel and care. You need to have a pastor’s heart with the personal and spiritual maturity to shepherd people, and help perform weddings and funerals when needed. Our objective is to broaden the pastoral care beyond our current pastors.
The Right Person:
1. Entrepreneurial Leader: You need the entrepreneurial tools to launch new ministries, but also the organizational skills to grow existing ministries. We’re not all about the numbers, but growth is measured by both quality and quantity.
2. Ministry Builder: You need to have a demonstrated track record of growing the ministries you have led. You must cast a compelling vision, pounding the table when necessary to mobilize resources and people.
3. People Recruiter: You need to have a nose to sniff out leaders, getting out there to meet them and not afraid to make “the ask.” The answer you hear from prospective leaders is never “no,” it is always “not yet.”
4. Systems Developer: You need to have an uncommon combination of being both a people and systems developer. You need the capacity to not only manage today’s ministry, but to equip us for the ministry of tomorrow.
5. Credible Pastor: You need to have both the personal and biblical gravitas to be recognized by our congregation as “one of the pastors here at BridgeWay.” To grow our church, we need to broaden our pastoral base.
6. Compelling Communicator: You need the ability to command the attention of a room. The ability to preach in the big room would be a big plus, but you will definitely need to effectively communicate to groups of 50-100.
Our Hiring Values:
If you believe you may be the right person in the right seat (and just as importantly that we are the right bus for you), forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.