This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Middle School Student Pastor
Reisterstown, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 07/10/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Middle School Student Pastor will provide dynamic leadership and oversight to the Middle School ministry (currently 7th & 8th grade) at LifePoint Church, equipping the process of student outreach and discipleship.
· Creates a unique and highly creative large group weekend program (Elevate) for reaching middle school students with the
truth of God’s Word.
· Oversees a team of volunteers to accomplish a vibrant discipleship ministry to middle school students and their families.
· Create events that minister to middle school students and aids in building the Christ-like, loving, and risk-taking culture of
the overall student ministry.
· Assists in the creation and communication of the overall vision for student ministries.
· Develops a network of spiritually gifted leaders, mentors and servants who can reach and disciple students toward
· Promotes the development and growth of a diversity of activities that will reach and disciple students to reach others.
· Coordinates and facilitates student ministry leadership training events for the Elevate team and assists the same with the
high school ministry team.
· Develops a program for evaluating the performance of small-group leaders and the functioning of their groups.
· Provides small group discipleship opportunities for students.
· Conducts cross-cultural activities that expand the vision of outreach for students.
· Participates in weekly student ministry staff meetings.
· Works closely with the Pastor of Student Ministries to create and execute large scale events that are carried out student
ministry-wide several times a year.
· Takes part in other pastoral duties as assigned by the Pastor of Student Ministries, Pastor of Ministries and/or the Sr.
Pastor e.g. funerals, weddings and counseling opportunities.
· Bachelor’s degree in education or religious studies (or equivalent).
· Three years ministry experience in a large-congregation (800+), working with student ministries.
· Demonstrated leadership and student ministry knowledge.
· Able to move freely in and out of different student ministry settings (homes, church, social, academic).
· Able to speak in a public forum.
· Organizing. Can gather and organize resources (people, funding, and material support) to get things done; can
orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; can use resources effectively and efficiently.
· Planning. Accurately assesses the length and difficulty of a project; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into
process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks;
measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
· Managing vision and purpose. Articulates and supports the vision and mission of LifePoint Church; communicates a
compelling and inspired vision for ministry; talks beyond the here and now to a larger sense of purpose; creates a
compelling vision of possibility, hope, and optimism; helps others to own the vision.
· Developing volunteers. Is able to identify raw talent and recruit capable people into positions of responsibility; provides
challenging and stretching tasks and assignments for others to do; delegates appropriately; builds people up; maintains
open and active dialogue with volunteers; communicates expectations clearly and holds people accountable.
· Managing conflict. Deals with problems quickly and directly; steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads
situations quickly; focuses when listening; settles disputes collaboratively and equitable; finds common ground and gets
· Interpersonal relationships. Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside the congregation; builds appropriate
rapport; builds effective and constructive relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; is regarded as a team player.
· Trust and integrity. Is widely trusted; seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; adheres to an
appropriate and effective set of core values during good and bad times; acts in line with those values; practices what he or
Please submit your resume with your qualifications, experience and links to your blog, twitter, or sermon archive to firstname.lastname@example.org
1701 Emory Road
Reisterstown, MD 21136