The Middle School Student Pastor will provide dynamic leadership and oversight to the Middle School ministry (currently 7th & 8th grade) at LifePoint Church, equipping the process of student outreach and discipleship.
· Creates a unique and highly creative large group weekend program (Elevate) for reaching middle school students with the
truth of God’s Word.
· Oversees a team of volunteers to accomplish a vibrant discipleship ministry to middle school students and their families.
· Create events that minister to middle school students and aids in building the Christ-like, loving, and risk-taking culture of
the overall student ministry.
· Assists in the creation and communication of the overall vision for student ministries.
· Develops a network of spiritually gifted leaders, mentors and servants who can reach and disciple students toward
· Promotes the development and growth of a diversity of activities that will reach and disciple students to reach others.
· Coordinates and facilitates student ministry leadership training events for the Elevate team and assists the same with the
high school ministry team.
· Develops a program for evaluating the performance of small-group leaders and the functioning of their groups.
· Provides small group discipleship opportunities for students.
· Conducts cross-cultural activities that expand the vision of outreach for students.
· Participates in weekly student ministry staff meetings.
· Works closely with the Pastor of Student Ministries to create and execute large scale events that are carried out student
ministry-wide several times a year.
· Takes part in other pastoral duties as assigned by the Pastor of Student Ministries, Pastor of Ministries and/or the Sr.
Pastor e.g. funerals, weddings and counseling opportunities.
· Bachelor’s degree in education or religious studies (or equivalent).
· Three years ministry experience in a large-congregation (800+), working with student ministries.
· Demonstrated leadership and student ministry knowledge.
· Able to move freely in and out of different student ministry settings (homes, church, social, academic).
· Able to speak in a public forum.
· Organizing. Can gather and organize resources (people, funding, and material support) to get things done; can
orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; can use resources effectively and efficiently.
· Planning. Accurately assesses the length and difficulty of a project; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into
process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks;
measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
· Managing vision and purpose. Articulates and supports the vision and mission of LifePoint Church; communicates a
compelling and inspired vision for ministry; talks beyond the here and now to a larger sense of purpose; creates a
compelling vision of possibility, hope, and optimism; helps others to own the vision.
· Developing volunteers. Is able to identify raw talent and recruit capable people into positions of responsibility; provides
challenging and stretching tasks and assignments for others to do; delegates appropriately; builds people up; maintains
open and active dialogue with volunteers; communicates expectations clearly and holds people accountable.
· Managing conflict. Deals with problems quickly and directly; steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads
situations quickly; focuses when listening; settles disputes collaboratively and equitable; finds common ground and gets
· Interpersonal relationships. Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside the congregation; builds appropriate
rapport; builds effective and constructive relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; is regarded as a team player.
· Trust and integrity. Is widely trusted; seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; adheres to an
appropriate and effective set of core values during good and bad times; acts in line with those values; practices what he or
Please submit your resume with your qualifications, experience and links to your blog, twitter, or sermon archive to email@example.com
1701 Emory Road
Reisterstown, MD 21136
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Student Ministries Pastor - 1759MinisterSearch
- Austin Area, Texas
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Student Ministries CoordinatorNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
From its earliest days LifePoint Church has chosen a style of ministry that seeks to present the truth of Christ in genuine and meaningful ways. Typically, churches have gained a reputation for being boring and out-of-touch with real life. We're working to change that by presenting a life-changing message through the Holy Spirit's power in ways that people can relate to. More...