This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Media and Communications
Mountaintop Community Church
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Date Posted: 05/18/2011
Categories: Communications - Media/Technology
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: Minister of Media and Communications
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Member of: Programming Team, Management Team
Supervises: Associate Minister of Media (FT), I.T. Specialist (FT), Communications Assistant (PT)
Purpose: The Minister of Media and Communications oversees all aspects of media and communication for the Mountaintop Community Church including, but not limited to: video and lighting systems, computer network, live- and post-production, website, digital and print publications, signage, branding, and technical volunteer teams. Must be creative, organized, and able to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-based environment.
• Act as project manager on all media and communication activities, ensuring they are completed in a timely, accurate and presentable manner consistent with Mountaintop’s vision and branding.
• Keep the congregation fully informed about pertinent events and church news, acting as a conduit for information to be shared with the congregation and church staff.
• Oversee production of regular publications (including worship service programs, weekly eNews, monthly newsletter, visitor and ministry brochures and posters, signage, etc.) in a timely, accurate and presentable manner consistent with Mountaintop’s vision and branding.
• Manage website and related collateral sites, keeping information accurate, up-to-date, and consistent with Mountaintop’s vision and branding.
• Manage online marketing tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking.
• Act as gateway and quality control check on all church communication products, including those produced within individual ministries.
• Consult with individual ministries concerning their communications and publications.
• Coordinate efforts to advertise church activities, functions, services and general information to the local community.
• Manage all media and communications related budget line items ensuring timely processing of billings and invoices.
• Oversee the operation, through staff and volunteers, of sound, lighting, projection and staging of all services and special events.
• Oversee the operation, maintenance, repair, and safeguarding of all audio/visual media and technology equipment, sound equipment.
• Supervise the audio/visual team in coordination with the needs of the church.
• Is a member of Mountaintop Community Church (or willing to become one) and attends services regularly.
• Has a strong walk with Christ, which is exemplified by a life of obedience and example.
• College degree in mass communications, production, or related field.
• Preference will be given to those with additional religious education, (10+ years relevant experience will be seen as equivalent)
• Minimum of 3+ years staff experience in church media setting.
• Experience in live production environment, preferably in a church setting.
• Those with leadership experience in church media multi-staff structure will be given strong preference.
• Ability to recruit, train and effectively lead volunteers in the media ministry
• Demonstrated level of excellence in Adobe Creative Suite
• Demonstrated level of excellence in Final Cut Studio
• Demonstrated level of professional proficiency in video production, lighting, live stage production, and more
• Demonstrated level of proficiency with brainstorming, storyboarding, and creative writing
• Basic level of proficiency in web coding
• Must have an expert-level proficiency with the Macintosh computer platform
• Must possess the soft skills needed in order to work with members, staff, and pastors
• A demo reel / portfolio of recent work is required.
• It should be clear what your involvement was for each project included in the reel/portfolio.
• ONLY online reels/portfolios will be accepted
• Resume with work history, as well as current salary requirements, if any.
• At least 3 ministry/work references, personal references may be included as additional references.
• Email all materials at one time to email@example.com. Applications will not be accepted by snail-mail or without ALL accompanying support materials listed above.
• Applicants who do not meet the above Qualifications section will not be considered.
We are a community of people located in the suburbs of Greater Birmingham. We gather together as a spiritual family for our weekly church-wide worship on Sunday mornings as well as Wednesday nights in Vestavia Hills, Alabama. We are excited to see many new people come and connect here at Mountaintop. The people of Mountaintop come from a large variety of church backgrounds, as well as many from no church background at all. Throughout her 19-year history Mountaintop has reached over 70% unchurched in the heart of the Bible Belt. On an average Sunday around 2,000 people attend. We are deeply committed to the teachings of the Bible, and we are sincere in our desire to follow the attractive example of Jesus Christ as the Savior and Leader of our lives. We highly value real and authentic relationships, recognizing that God is eager to meet us right where we are at and to help to move forward to become everything he has created us to be. We help people of all ages grow as Christ followers through a variety of ministries such as our children’s ministry, student ministry, small groups, and ministry teams serving both within our church and out in our community.
Our services are contemporary and edgy. We utilize video, lighting, drama, music, props, and creative elements each week to communicate our message.