This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Communications
Austin Christian Fellowship
Austin, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 05/17/2011
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Church: Austin Christian Fellowship
Position Title: Director of Communications
Job Location: 6401 Riverplace Blvd., Austin, Texas 78730
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Reports to: Director of Operations
This is a full time senior staff role with a base salary and benefits which include medical, dental, vision, life, ad&d, and 403b matching (up to 5%). Paid time off includes vacation, holidays, personal business days, professional development days, and prayer days.
The Director of Communications is a communications and marketing professional that will have responsibility for all aspects the communications plan and social media ministry for Austin Christian Fellowship (ACF). The individual will support the Executive Team, ministerial staff, and church leadership in communications that deliver the Austin Christian Fellowship brand in the Austin marketplace. The individual is a Christ-follower that is committed to the values, philosophy, and mission of ACF (see website: www.acfellowship.org).
Specific responsibilities include:
• Communications Strategy: Develop an annual written communications and marketing plan to further the identity of Austin Christian Fellowship and increase effectiveness of our communications to the church body and local community. Set a company standard for internal and external communications.
• Website Development: Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating a industry leading website that uses video, audio, and graphics to engage our community.
• Social Media: Responsible for creation and deployment of all social media activities and marketing plans for sites such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Flickr.
• Email Communication: Responsible for the creation and deployment of ACF email communications.
• Leading: Lead, train, and educate ACF staff and Executive Team on appropriate communication strategies and social media tools for their ministries.
• Print: Direct and manage the creation, production, and distribution of print materials including billboard communications.
• Creative Design: Responsible for the creative process including campaign development and graphics design.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 - 10 years of experience developing and executing marketing and communications plans for businesses or non-profits. The individual will be a creative, self starter who can manage and lead people successfully; and has excellent interpersonal and leadership skills necessary to work with many different personality types. Direct experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), basic HTML coding, Search Engine Optimization, and Constant Contact email marketing systems is required. Ideal candidate will be proficient in digital development creative applications (such as Adobe, Photoshop, or Dreamweaver) and be able to work with the Microsoft Office software platform.
A Bachelor’s degree is required with studies in communications, advertising, social media, or marketing preferred.
Send resume to email@example.com.