This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Redmond, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 05/17/2011
Categories: Music Ministry
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Timberlake Church is a growing and thriving church located on Seattle’s Eastside. Over the last 18 months we have experienced a near doubling of our weekend attendance and have seen God draw over 350 people to Him in first time commitments to Christ! Our mission is to develop more and better disciples of Jesus Christ and we are seeing God bless that objective in amazing ways.
Our prayer is that God would provide a high level leader for the Worship Arts Department who can provide exceptional leadership, excellent musical (vocal and instrumental) worship, bring new and fresh creativity to the worship service planning and production elements, and play an integral role in the overall church leadership team.
PURPOSE: To provide results-driven leadership for the church’s worship and creative arts ministries
Job Title: Worship Director
Department: Creative/Worship and Tech
Reports To: Sr. Associate Pastor
POSITION STATUS: Full / Part-Time. The Worship Director may have some flexibility in his or her schedule as it is negotiated with the Sr. Assoc. Pastor.
• Lead Worship Ministry by leading volunteers
• Plan, organize and oversee execution of weekend services
• Expand and support a network of volunteers and staff
• Serve as a member of the management team
• Operate successfully in a results-driven environment
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Effectively lead weekend service attenders in praise and worship
• Develop a volunteer-based worship ministry that is healthy, of high-quality and appealing
• Introduce and implement new music in weekend services
• Oversee all other worship service related staff and service elements (Music, sound, media,
• Manage worship ministry budget
• Assist in setting and meeting program growth objectives
• Attend all necessary meetings including staff and team meetings, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
• A minimum of 2 years vocational ministry experience
• Strategic leader
• Excellent worship service planning and programming
• Highly creative and innovative
• Ability to teach and coach others
• Possess good oral and written communications skills
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain composure under pressure
• Self-starter, requiring minimal supervision
• Works well with others and within a team
• Highly organized
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications
• Medical, dental, life and disability insurance for employee
• Cell phone allowance
• Seminar and continuing education reimbursement as approved by Sr. Assoc. Pastor
• Personal Time Off accrual in accordance with employee handbook
• A salary adjustment will be considered annually based upon job performance
The successful candidate for the Timberlake Church Worship Pastor will have the following qualities:
• Love God and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a lifestyle that reflects so
• A hard worker who is driven by results
• The ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively
• A high degree of professionalism
• Will read and assent to the Timberlake Church Employee Manual upon joining the
Timberlake Church staff.
• Will complete the church’s Discover Membership Class and will be committed to weekly worship,
attending a growth group and to tithing to Timberlake Church upon joining the church staff.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• As a staff person at Timberlake Church, the Worship Pastor agrees to abide by all the provisions of the
• The Church reserves the right, at any time, with or without notice, to alter or change job responsibilities,
reassign or transfer job positions, or assign additional job responsibilities.