This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Allen, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 05/16/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: under 50
Job Type: Part-Time
We at The Summit Church are looking for an energetic, engaging, creative person to lead our congregation in our pursuit to Worship and glorify The Name of Jesus. We see this shepherding role as being instrumental in the oversight and development of volunteers, leaders and programs with excellence.
Our first desire is to honor The Name of Christ. It is our desire to cultivate and arrange contemporary styles of worship. We like to use loops and other creative elements that could potentially enhance worship. Our heart is to build a recording studio and produce worship music that would facilitate, not only worship at The Summit, but support other local churches in Texas and around the country. We are looking for someone who has heart to see the body of Christ united in a new and fresh way.
- Strong vocal skills
- Experience and a heart for developing other vocalist and worship leaders.
- Knowledge, experience or oversight of Choir/Ensemble/musicians
- Experience in recruiting volunteers in all areas of the Praise and Worship ministry
- Experience in leading worship that transcends modern, contemporary and traditional genres
- Elder qualified according to 1 Timothy 3
- The ability to administrate and develop weekly worship services.
- Working with the Lead Pastor, plan Sunday morning services that support text and applications
- Cast vision and provide oversight to all aspects of the Praise and Worship ministry
- Recruit and shepherd volunteers in the band, technical and vocal areas
- Communicate scriptural concepts in rehearsals and worship
- Assess theological soundness of lyrics
- Lead by example, organize, rehearse and equip volunteer vocalists and instrumentalists
- Direct worship team and band rehearsals as necessary
Example of music to"