This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Student Ministries
Charleston, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 05/13/2011
Categories: Family Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Salisbury staff members work as a team with other pastors, ministry leaders and volunteers to fulfill the vision and mission of the church. Specific duties and areas of ministry are assigned based on giftedness, passion and abilities. A “Kingdom” eye with an outward focus is critical. We seek to connect people to Jesus, equip them with knowledge and training and set them free to serve the world as God leads.
• Bachelors’ degree or 3 - 5 years of equivalent experience.
• Love for youth of all ages and walks of life.
• Ability to work well with parents and families as well as youth.
• Experience in a large church setting preferred.
• Spiritual gifts of Teaching and Leadership – a shepherd to their teams and students.
Area(s) of Responsibility
• Middle School and Jr. High (grades 5, 6, 7 & 8).
• High School (grades 9 – 12).
• College students (aged 18 – 22).
• Volunteer recruitment, development and empowering of ministry teams.
• Management of the Student Ministry facilities and equipment for internal and external usage.
Specific Skills Desired
• Plan, prepare and oversee student discussions, lessons and music.
• Recruit, develop and shepherd student servant leaders.
• Regular communication with parents through meetings, newsletters and other methods.
• Plan, lead, and administrate trips and activities to enhance student discipleship including mission opportunities.
• Be creative and technology-savvy with graphic arts and media/technology skills highly desired.
• Ministerial budget, fund-raising and project management experience.
• Preaching and teaching in a variety of venues, audiences and subject matters.
• Thinker of “Orange.”
Success for This Position
• Design, develop and implement a healthy and growing program to impact the lives of our youth.
• Foster and grow the level of parental and church partnerships to benefit the students.
• Increase the level of participation among our youth in Student Ministry and church-wide opportunities.
• Connect, develop and grow relationships with the local students from Eastern Illinois University and Lake Land College.
We would also like you to submit typed responses to the following questions:
• Define the purpose(s) of student ministry in the local church.
• Explain the role(s) of student ministry and families?
• What metrics would you use to measure the healthiness of a student ministry?
• What does the future of student ministry look like?