This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Preschool Ministry Director
Valley Family Church
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 05/12/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
About Valley Family Church
Valley Family Church is a non-denominational church in Southwest Michigan with a weekly average attendance of 3500. In November 2009, we moved into a brand new state of the art facility and were recently named by Outreach magazine as the 44th fastest growing church in America. Doctrinally, we are charismatic and Word of Faith which is aligned with the teachings of Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, John Bevere and Joyce Meyer, while we align more with the stylistic philosophy of Fellowship Church, Northpoint Community Church and New Spring Church. Pastors Jeff & Beth Jones are the founding and co-senior pastors and they are a husband and wife team who share the speaking responsibilities on the weekend. As a church we realize that for many, church is irrelevant. Therefore, we are intentional on being a place where the Word of Faith is taught and the Spirit of Faith is caught in practical, culturally relevant ways. We reach youth and honor age, so our style is youthful and our ministries are multi-generational in an effort to help the lost get saved and the saved get victory.
About Kidamazoo Kid’s Ministries
Kidamazoo Preschool is a bright, loving, God-filled place for kids birth-kindergarten! Our program is designed to share God's love and His Word with babies, toddlers and preschoolers in an age-appropriate, hands-on way. Each week, kids experience practical lessons from the Bible through singing, dancing, jumping, clapping, praising, playing games, doing crafts and hearing stories.
Once you’ve had the chance to check us out, we’d love to get a resume from you and we will add you as a potential candidate for this position as we move forward. Please email your resume to RichardPilger@valleyfamilychurch.org
Preschool Ministry Director
The ideal candidate should thrive in an exciting and fast paced environment of a growing organization. Our philosophy is to work hard and have a lot of fun doing it! We’re looking for individuals who have the innate ability to connect and lead volunteers, partner with parents and serve under the leadership and vision of the senior pastors.
• Cultivate a dynamic, culturally relevant, safe, engaging and fun ministry environments for preschoolers
• Schedule, train and manage the care for 200+ volunteers
• Develop key volunteer leaders to manage and oversee all aspects of preschool ministry
• Create a strong volunteer culture where friendships are developed and vision permeates every volunteer group
• Supervise and oversee the personal and professional development of all paid staff members and volunteers
• Become proficient in the use of FellowshipOne and Planning Center as tools for scheduling and communicating
• Facilitate leadership training meetings where vision is cast, philosophy is taught, volunteers are exhorted, leadership skills are honed, age appropriate techniques are explored and excellence is modeled.
• Able to think through situations, resolve conflicts and make responsible decisions
• Able to prioritize work efficiently, effectively manage time and be given to the attention to detail
• Must be a team player that works well with others and demonstrates flexibility