This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Junior Web Developer
The Woodlands United Methodist Church
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 05/12/2011
Categories: Church Developer - Media/Technology
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: over 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Communications Department at The Woodlands United Methodist Church is looking to add a web developer to the existing web and creative team. The web developer will assist in maintaining and expanding the church’s online presence. This is an on-site, permanent, full-time, salaried position.
Primary responsibilities include:
- managing Drupal back-end CMS
- developing PHP/MySQL web apps
- administering Linux/Apache web servers
- optimizing code and media files
- tracking and reporting analytics
To be clear, this position is:
- not web design: no graphic design, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- not Microsoft oriented: no ASP.NET, IIS, MSSQL, FrontPage, etc.
- not software development: no CS, MIS, C#, C++, etc.
- not primarily IT: no network administration, system maintenance, computer repair, etc.
The Woodlands UMC is a United Methodist Church and registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All ministries and projects are conducted with the mission of winning people to Jesus Christ, discipling them in faith, and helping those in need.